Chapter 4! More and more...

I got off at Detroit before Percy and Grover, but I’d bet 50 drachma that Percy ditched him. And being the daughter of the god of prophecy, people should never bet against me.  But ya know, whatever happens to Percy now is up to Grover.  I was never the protector anyway, I just took an interest. I hoped he was okay all the same, he is my friend after all.

Right, so anyway, I was now to get back to camp. I’d been out of Detroit for nearly 60 years, I had no home there anymore, Mom was dead. Besides, I live at camp anyway.

So, I got off the bus and walked into an ally, pulling out a drachma on the way. I looked at it and sighed. It was a gift from dad, he gave me about 100 coins for traveling on quests. Not that I didn’t appreciate it, and he means well, but I don’t think he realizes that I really don’t need his help. I was content to stay in that game place.

Anyway, I had the drachma, so I called up the Grey Sisters, fast and easy. They turned up right away.

“Camp Half-Blood.” I said, tossing a drachma into the front seat.

“It’s far, extra pay!” one of them squawked at me, fighting over the eye and tooth.

“You’ll get it when I get there alive.” I said absently. I had been saying this for years… besides, I couldn’t think up a better reply now, I was a little busy thinking of everything else I needed to think about. Like Percy. If he was Posiodens son, then he might me the kid in the prophecy, which means that if I’m really the one in ‘my’ prophecy, then I had four years to find a son of Nemesis, which shouldn’t be a problem, right? I’ll worry about that when I can talk to Chiron.

And before I knew it I was at Camp. It felt like home, and once I passed Thalia’s tree, I was happy. Happier than I had ever been with my mom. A few Hermes kids ran by and one of them waved. Travis Stoll, his brother noticed and waved too. I smiled and waved back. It felt good having friends. I shouldered my backpack and walked down the hill towards my cabin. Cabin 7, Apollo. It was around 5, so the glow was going down, which made it easier to go towards. And, as per usual, the Artemis Cabin was starting to shine a little silver. Not noticeable unless you were looking for it. Just like my aunt herself.

I walked up the marble steps to my cabin and pushed open the doors. I was greeted by the sound of darts to a dartboard and various musical instruments playing in harmony.

“Hey kids.” I said over the sounds. There were a few cries of greeting as I walked over to my bunk and tossed my bag onto it. I realized I forgot to pay the sisters, that would hurt later, but I brushed it off. I also wondered why I just called everyone ‘kids’. I think I’m getting arrogant, there are people here older than me, I’ve just been here the longest. A good example of an older kid was walking towards me right now.

“Hey Lee.” I said, looking up. Lee was my second in command. “What’s up?”

“Annabeth’s looking for you.” He said. He had a smug little smile on his face. I raised my eyebrows it him.

“Of course she is. Where’s is she?” I asked.

He smiled more widely. “Her cabin. She was looking jumpy. Good luck.”

“Thanks…” I said, and turned out the cabin, and walking quickly across the yard to Cabin 9, Athena’s.

I reached the cabin and climbed the stairs. I had hardly knocked on the door when it was thrown open and a mane of blond hair blurred my vision, and something tackled me.

“Hi Annabeth.” I said wearily as she straightened up.

“So?” she demanded.

“So what?” I asked teasingly. She glared at me, her eyes more stormy than normal. “Right, well, I don’t know. He could be who you’re looking for, but I don’t know yet.” I knew she was talking about Percy right away.

“It’s a he?”

“Yes, it’s a he.” She opened her mouth, and I cut her off. “His name is Percy.”

“Percy, like Perceus.”

“Yup.”

“That’s odd.”

“How so?”

She started to walk to my cabin and talk at the same time. She was moving fast, so I started jogging to keep up with her. “It can’t be a coincidence that he’s named after a famous hero.”

“It could be. There are plenty of people named Percy out there.”

“With the gods, nothing happens by chance.”

“True.”

We arrived at my cabin doors. “Get your knives, you’re bound to be out of practice.”

“Great.” I slouched into the cabin and snagged my knives out from the drawer in the table by my bed. Annabeth seems to think I need to be good at hand-to-hand combat as well as long-range. I’m a daughter of Apollo, I can’t fight close range, but I’m learning fast. I need to, Annabeth’s my teacher.

We were pretty free that evening, so we fought for a while. Quite painfully, on my part. By the time we had to go eat, I was covered in bruises and cuts. I would heal them later. But for now, eating.

I took what I wanted, and walked over to the fire, and scraped some of my food in for Dad, and walked back to my seat.

“What happened to you?” Micheal Yew asked. He was the third in line for cabin leader. Shirt kid too. Expert with a bow though.

“Combat with Annabeth.” I said, sitting carefully in my seat. I was stiffening up.

“Yikes.” He said. “Need like, a band-aid and a hot pack or something?”

“I can get those later. Eat now.” I gestured to the food, and we ate. I was officially back, and it felt great.