Nightmare.

Arianna's point of view.

When we made it back to his small home, we entered through the back door. Coming in through the kitchen. A huge gust of the smell of food blew in my face. My stomach growled furiously. 

Austin looked over at me with a worried look in his eyes.

"I'll get you food in just a second, I promise. Just.. we need some clothes, first," he said with a nod, jogging out of the kitchen buck naked. I heard him trudging up some creaky stairs.

When he was gone, I looked around the kitchen. Hmm. Quite small. But it had two little chairs and a small table sitting in the corner of the room. I walked over to it, and sat down in a chair. Ahh. Comfortable. My legs ached a little bit, from walking back. We'd walked about 4 miles or so. But my legs wouldn't hurt for much longer. My wolfyness cured me and my pains.

I leaned my head back against the back of the small wooden chair, closing my eyes. I sat there for a minute, and quickly drifted a bit. He was back downstairs in no time though, but I just sat there, comfortable.

"Arianna, hun. Are you alright?" he asked, concern in his voice. I could feel him near. He must be standing in front of me.

I tried to speak, but I couldn't. "I.."

"Arianna?" he asked. He said a few words more, but they were complete gibberish to my ears. My eyes felt heavy. So heavy that I couldn't even open them, to look at Austin, and tell him everything was fine. But I slipped into darkness, where my nightmare had only begun.

- - - The Nightmare. - - - 

I ran furiously through the wind, looking for somewhere to go, for somewhere to escape or hide. Stumbling through the forest with blinding trees whipping past me. The wind was slicing through my fur harshly. It felt as if it were really cutting into my flesh. But I didn't care, I kept running, looking at the dark, ugly sky. It looked like a tornado was coming.

The monster was behind me, I could hear it's heavy breathing, and I could feel the vibrations on the ground below me. I tried looking back, to see how far I was from him. I couldn't see anything. I saw something that looked like a dark shadow, following me, with out reached, ghostly hands, and black furious, glowing eyes. I turned around to look ahead of myself. As soon as I did, the monster jumped right on top of me, crushing me with it's weight. I yelped out a high-pitched, ear piercing, wolf - scream.

- - - 

I thrashed myself awake. Breathing heavily, from the nightmare I'd just had. I sat up in the darkness, trying to calm down a little bit.

The moonlight that shone through the window into the room was the only light I had. Argh. It must be atleast 3:15 am. I looked around, inspectingly. I had on a comfortable loose T - Shirt, with some underwear. Hmm. I wonder where Austin got this stuff from. 

I didn't really worry too much about it. Atleast I was dressed, and comfty. 

Wow, that means he had to dress me. Er. That's a little embarrassing, but hey, I guess this is the body I was born with. I should appreciate it.

I rose from the extremely comfortable bed, which was his. It had to be. His overwhelming scent was all around it, and also on the pillows. 

I removed the shirt and underwear, laying it neatly on the bed, not wanting to harm them. I phased into my wolf form, neatly with practice. 

I trotted down the small hallway, and down the stairs as quietly as possible. I found Austin, laying on the massive couch asleep, rolled over on his side. I walked over to him, bent down and nuzzled his hand that was dangling off of the side. Geez. I'm two times taller than this damn couch.

But man, I owe this guy. He's done a lot for me. Even though it seems like very little, I still appreciated him. I licked his hand, and whimpered softly. I leaned down farther, I tugged on his shirt a little bit, and lowered my back. I pulled Austin carefully and safely onto my back, without him waking up in the least.

Wow, this guy's a heavy sleeper. Or at least I think he his. As soon as I got him steadied on my back, I felt him wrap his arms around my neck, as if he were hugging me. I think he was still asleep, but eh, I guess not now. 

I walked up the stairs carefully, not wanting him to possibly slide off, or let go.

As we got upstairs I walked down the small hallway. I entered the bedroom, and walked over to his bed. I moved the shirt and underwear off with my mouth, and placed them neatly on the floor. When I was done with that, I stood right next to the bed and leaned my whole body to the side. Letting him carefully, and slowly slide off of my back, onto the bed.

As soon as his head touched the pillow, I could gently hear his snoring. I chuckled to myself, and pulled the blankets over him, and jumped up on the bed. Curling into a ball next to Austin, falling back asleep within minutes, resuming my nightmare.

- - -