A Forgotten Friend | Interesting Project, Annoying Partner

'High dives into frozen waves when the past comes back to life.'

A Forgotten Friend | Interesting Project, Annoying Partner

The rest of the day was rather uneventful. I, somehow managed to ignore Edward at school. Sure, it was a bit tough because he kept on bugging me during the English substitution but stopped when I gave him my best death-glare.

He was purposely trying to start a conversation because he knew that I was ignoring him. Maybe, because he wasn't used to ignorance that is why he couldn't bare the fact that someone was ignoring him and it irritated me. A lot.

I avoided him in the cafeteria and in the hallways and he got the message that I was in no mood of talking to him.

The day at school ended with PE, as the last period. Due to summers, the sun got unbearable and it got hard to play in the field. That is what I hate the most about summers we can't stay out much because of the heat.

As I got home, I did my usual routine. I changed into my sweatpants and tank top and grabbed something to eat. Then I went to my room and started doing my homework. The work load was quite a lot.

***

The day started with me getting late for school as I woke up late. Apparently, my alarm clock didn't ring and it spoiled my whole schedule.

I had to grab a granola bar instead of having proper breakfast and I reached the bus stop, just at the nick of time. In the bus, Sarah kept on talking about how she was going to spend her summer. Since the summer break was about to start, we were getting many projects to finish during the break.

One of the reasons why I was unhappy with the projects was that a few of them were pair projects and I didn't want to spend my whole summer with some jerk or bimbo.

As we reached the school, I met Lea. She was standing near my locker and was waiting for us to go for the first period. On Thursdays, we shared the same first period, English. 

We three, me, Lea and Sarah headed towards our English class.

As we took our seats, Ms. Slater entered, Edward following suit. He took his seat which was behind me and Ms. Slater started telling us about the project.

"Now, in this project you will be given a partner and you have to give a speech as well as make a presentation on your partner's life. This is a month long project, as you all will be doing it during the summer break."

A month- long project?

God, please give me some sensible partner! I don't want to get stuck with some dumb person in this project. The project sounds interesting and will be great only if my partner would be good.

"Okay students! I'm going to speak out the names of your partners and as I speak out your names, please take a seat alongside your partner so that you can start working on the project."

"Sarah and Nathan."

Nathan was a cute guy and Sarah used to have a crush on him and once she had even admitted it to him. Well lets just say, it didn't turn out to be good. Sarah got rejected by him and she has ignored him ever since.

"Lea and Cara."

Cara was a proper nerd with those huge frame spectacles and braces. Lea was satisfied by the fact that she didn't end up with a jerk.

Ms. Slater announced the rest of the partners and then she finally took my name.

"Rachel and"

I glanced around the class and only the six of us were not paired- Me, Edward, Claire (Edward's fan), Zara (another Edward fan) and two other jocks- Jake and Peter.

"Edward."

Kill me now.

Why did she have to pair me with Edward? Oh lord, what did I do? Now he might get to know that I used to be his best friend, back in Beckenham. And then I'll face the major rejection as he won't accept me as a friend. I mean, let's face it, who would want to be friends with a nerd?

"Claire and Peter."

"Zara and Jake."

"Okay! Now class, sit with your partners and get started."

"Hey partner!" Said Edward as he dragged a chair beside me.

I sighed. "Hey!" I said with fake-excitement.

"Someone's not in a good mood." Said Edward.

"Who would? After being paired with a jerk." I muttered under my breath.

"Hey! I heard that. What did I do? I've been noticing that you've been ignoring me from my very first day." Said Edward. I could hear irritation in his voice.

"Can we please not waste time and start working on this project? I want it to be finished as soon as possible." I said sternly.

"Answer my question, Rachel. What did I do?" Asked Edward.

Ignoring the fact that he knew my name, I started scribbling a few questions. Even if I did know the answers of most of the questions, I still wrote them. Maybe, his choices would have changed in these last few years.

What is your full name?

Where were you born?

What do you like to do in your free time?

What is your favourite colour?

What is your favourite food?

What do you aspire to become?

Who is your favourite actor/actress?

What is your best childhood memory?

What are your views on friendship?

I wrote these questions and then the bell rang. I was the first one to leave the classroom as i wasn't ready to answer Edward's question. I wanted to know the answer of the last two questions so badly. I wanted to know that if he remembered me or not, if he would take my name or not.

As I was walking towards my locker, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see who it was and immediately regretted it. It was Edward, who was calling me.

"Rachel, wait!" he said.

"Yeah, what is it?" I snapped.

"Woah! I just wanted to ask that when should we meet for the project? It won't be possible to finish it at school." He said.

He was right. It wasn't possible to finish the project at school with only two days left in hand.

"Yeah, so when should we meet?" I asked.

"What about today? I won't able to meet up tomorrow as I have my football practice. I'm the quarterback, you know." He said, grinning proudly while showing off his pearl white teeth.

Such a flaunting personality.

"Yeah, okay! But I guess, it should be at your place because my home is quite far away from the school." I said. I didn't want him to come to my place. What if he saw my parents and recognise them? No, I didn't want that to happen.

"Okay, cool! Can have your number? You know, I'll be needing it since we both are doing a project and all."

"Yeah, okay." I said. He gave me his phone and I punched in my number. With that I left him alone at the hallway without bothering to say bye.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

So what do you guys think?

Will Edward get to know that Rachel is his best friend from Beckenham?

Continue reading to find out more.

This chapter has been dedicated to Niki2901. Who gave me advice on this book and supported me! Thank you so much for your support! :*

Please vote and comment.

xoxo

fabgirl1998