Chapter 1

(*Lilliana's Point of View*) 

    As a second year in college, I have no needs to believe in in a Fairy tales anymore, but I cannot help to compare them to my life. In every story there is a problem, solution, a supernatural and a prince. But in my fairy tale there is no prince. The problem, keeping up with school and my part time job at a cafe. Solution, make my life revolve around these two things everything will be fine. A supernatural, the unknown killer know as Kira, he kills those who he has believed had done bad, but he should know that true justice will not be served by that. Now that I know people are starting to worry, I have been researching the subject as Kira. Since my major has me doing some basic problem solving, I know some things about this. Well, I better go out, I need to walk and they are going to have the entrance exams for the new first years. As usual the person who gets the highest score will have the same old boring speech, as peers we have to go to this ceremony for them. 

    I walk out of my small apartment and see that people from my class are already getting into the building. I got this apartment so I could get to the university easily. I start walking towards the building, to see my friend May starting running towards me. 

    "Lilliana-Chan!!" She says catching up to me. She is very hyper active these days, she is actually in her final year here and she is soon going to marry her fiance next spring. We have been friends ever since we met when We have been friends ever since we met when I moved to London, with my mother, my Father died sometime ago, I don't enjoy talking about it. I like to think of us of a drawing of bright yellow birds with me being the baby, in the middle of two older yellow birds, but one day the male bird flew away from the nest in a different direction than the female and baby. And now that I moved to Japan to relief my stress, get away from it all and to get a education. Now the baby is all alone. This red bird has followed me all the way and supported my decisions. She has always been there for me and I will always be there for her. Oh wait she is saying something.

    "....By the way there is something I need to tell you," She says in a quieter tone, I turn my head to the side while she continues "Well, me and Hideki are going to elope soon, so I made the decision to not finish my last year of college here...... but in England." ....... What? N-no she can't! Without her I will be lost, sure I am really smart, but my emotions will get into the way of my success, but maybe my determination will help me, what am I saying? I can't live my life without May! She is like my eyes and I cannot live without my sight, there is still many things I want to see!

    After talking myself inside my mind, I try to hold back my tears "O-okay, whatever you say..." I turn around "I have to get to c-class." I quickly run towards the building, I hear her call my name, but I get in the hall before she could get me. I sign in and get to my seat, I really get this over with and just go home, maybe I can express my feelings through my piano, as usual. Well I think I should pay attention, I don't really want to think about my current problem I am in. I look up to see they already started and A kid with light brown hair stating the speech, but there was a second person next to him. He certainly has a less formal than the person next to him, it shows that he want to feel comfortable in whatever situation. He also had very noticeable dark circles under his eyes, but I it looks very fitting for his dark hair and eyes. I observed him for a few minutes, when the other had passed the paper to him, he eyed me for a minute and turn away and feel my cheeks burn up. W-wow, he looks kind of weird, but I would love to get to know him! I guess I can't talk to him, I just remembered I had work! Crap, well work comes first I guess. He recites the speech and everyone quickly leaves. I grab my bag of the floor and go into the bathroom and get changed into my work clothes. Well another day, another dollar. 

    After of four hours of working, I have to take one more customer and then I can leave and let the others close up. I walk up to my last table to see at a distance that it is the guy I saw before. I run behind a wall and look at him in a distance. He is sitting in a awkward position. Maybe he wasn't looking at me before, but I have to do my work..... Whatever I'll just go over there. I walk up to him and say "What would you like, sir?" I say staring into my notebook. 

    "A opinion." He said in a quiet tone, I can feel him staring at me, but I don't dare to look up. 

    "E-excuse me??" I say finally looking at him, with a confused expression.

    "Can you sit down for a minute?" He asks, I look around to see everyone is getting ready to leave, I might as well help him. I sit down and he pushes three pictures to me. "Okay, how would you read this?" The three cards say " that god of death" "L did you Know" "Love apples". Well to make a proper sentence you would say, "L did you know that god of death love apples," But if you put them in number order it would be "L did you know love apples god of death" that wouldn't make sense unless....

    "I believe that in the order of the print numbers, they would want you to read this as 'L did you know love apples god of death,' Of course that wouldn't make sense unless there was another note," He looks at me and smiles

    "You are the first to think that..... that is what I am thinking , maybe I could another brain in the group..... there is a good 84% she will be of use in this group....." He mutters most of that and stares into my eyes "May I ask, if you could help me on the Kira case. Of course you would be in interest of this class Miss Lilliana, since you are studying to be in the police force." He said, Well it would be good for the experience  but where did he find all of this out?!?! "Judging by your face, you want to know where I find my information, that would be a secret I could tell one day, if you join me? Oh by the way my name is Ryuzaki." I do have something to gain from this so maybe this would be of good use for me.

    I smile and say "Okay I will join your team, Ryuzaki," He grabs my hand and shakes it. I feel my cheeks heat up again and I giggle a little bit, since when do I giggle? 

    "Well now that you are a part of the group, I will give you further instruction about this group at this address." He passes me a piece of paper and smiles at me "I hope to see you there," He gathers his papers and leaves. I have noticed that I will practicably risk my life in this investgation. I do want to catch Kira thought, They need to be stopped, they are unnecessarily killing people, I believe in second chances, so they shouldn't just be punished like this! Okay Lilliana you can't rant about this tomorrow you have to get yourself home, maybe I will have a chance with this Ryuzaki, i don't believe in love at first sight, but I could be wrong.