Epilogue

...One Month Later...

Kali stood in the gathering circle, the full moon shining through the leaves of the trees above, and she smiled as she glanced at her Alpha, one of her mates, as he stepped up to address the pack.

As he welcomed them, thanking them for their continued support of him as leader, wishing them safety and happiness on the night of the moon, she smiled.

Thornton was a leader not only because he was Alpha but because he had the love and respect of his people.

To her left Kay rumbled happily and she glanced at her Beta mate, still smiling, squeezing his hand as their pack cheered and howled, some stripping and shifting right there, others moving off into the trees. She spotted Samson in the crowd and saw he was alone. Meaning Ephraim was still not comfortable in being around the pack. She knew it would take time for the young man, little more than a boy really, to fully accept his place and status among his new pack but she knew Samson was patient enough for the both of them. Eventually Ephraim would realize how accepted and cared for he would be among the Lawton wolves.

Giving Samson a nod when he smiled and waved at her she turned with Kay and walked off into the trees, Thornton right behind them.

She had overcome some of her shyness when it came to changing forms but she still wasn't comfortable enough to do it in front of anyone but her mates and, as she stripped out of her clothing, she heard both rumble appreciatively. She giggled faintly as she let the change overcome her. Her wolf's joy was as much her own as human skin melted away to fur and claws and fangs.

Shaking after the lingering effects of the change she had just started to turn, to face her mates, when Thornton, already in his wolf form tackled her. They rolled across the ground and she yipped playfully while he nipped gently at her ears.

When they stopped rolling she bucked, scrambling to get her feet under her and, once she managed to wiggle her way out from beneath Thornton's bulk she bolted off through the underbrush. She heard Thornton, and Kay, giving chase and chuffed as she leapt over a fallen tree, turning on a dime the moment her paws hit the ground and, darting towards a large maple tree, she changed from wolf to woman, ducking around the tree, pressing her back against it just as her mates came crashing through the brush.

She smiled as she listened to them slow, listened to the scent the ground and air, but then everything went quiet. Too quiet.

Smile dipping slightly she leaned around the tree, searching for her mates, but saw nothing.

Where had they gone? And why hadn't she heard them?

Turning, she started to move, thinking to draw them out, only to let out a startled shout as she came face to face with Thornton, who had, at some point, shifted forms and, before she could dart backwards he grabbed hold of her, lifting her before rolling her to the ground, pinning her beneath him. She laughed as he nuzzled at her neck, mouthing at the mating mark he had graced her with when they had first mated and suddenly he growled and jerked.

She blinked and quickly realized Kay, also back in his human form, was crouching behind Thornton, nipping, albeit gently, at the back of the Alpha's shoulder.

"Brat," Thornton rumbled but smiled lovingly as Kay leaned up to nuzzle at his cheek.

"You love it," Kay replied cheekily, winking down at Kali, making her giggle, which brought Thornton's attention back to her and she all but purred when he moved against her.

"Thornton...Kay..."

"Hush, darling," Kay grinned as he reached around Thornton, running his hand teasingly over Kali's hip. "We've got the whole night ahead of us."

Thornton chuckled, kissing his way up Kali's neck. "And we're just getting started."

Kali rumbled and knew they'd make good on that promise.

Her heart soared and she thanked fate for giving her this life. For giving her these two wonderful men as her mates.

It was more than she could ever have asked for.