Chapter 4

AUTHORS NOTE:

Sorry guys, I graduated last night, and been sleeping all day. Slow updates for this week but hey, I graduated! PARTY HARD. I'm a freshman now :]

--

Wesley's POV

I was surfing when this massive wave comes out of nowhere. I knew Jetta couldn't surf that big of a wave. I look behind me, and didn't see her. I looked to the left and right of me. No sign of Jetta. I look ahead of me. No Jetta.

I jumped into the water and opened my eyes. I've always hated opening mg eyes under water, it stings to me. But I didn't care about that right now,

all I care about is Jetta. I open my eyes wider to find Jetta sinking to the bottom. I can see her eyes open, as she struggles against the current. She looks so weak. I speed-swim down to Jetta.

It took me probably 3 minutes to get to Jetta, because of fighting against the current. I grabbed her around the waist with one arm and swimmed back to the surface as fast as I could. I lost my grip on her, but caught her wrist right before she could fade back down into the dark water.

I finally reached the surface with Jetta, but we were farther away from the shore than I thought. I found my surfboard, and swam over to it. I set Jetta on the surfboard, and carried the surfboard with me. I was underwater pushing the surfboard toward the shore. She surfboard started going backwards, but as I tried to stop it, the bottom of the board scraped me from the top of my chest down to my swim trunks. I tried not to open my mouth and yell in pain.

We finally reached the shore, and Keaton, Jade, and Drew swarmed around us. Jade asked me to pick Jetta up and carry her somewhere where she couldn't be seen, we didn't want to make a scene.

I set her down gently in the sand, quite a distance from everyone else. I looked down at my chest, and noticed I was bleeding.. a lot.

"Bro, get me a towel?" I asked Keaton.

"Woah bro what happened to you?!" Keaton asked.

"I'll tell you later, I'm gonna stay here with Jetta."

"K."

Keaton and Drew ran off together to get towels. I turned around to look at Jetta and Jade. Jade had a worry look in her eyes, and I probably did too. I kneeled down to get closer to Jetta.

"Baby, please open your eyes. I'm sorry Jetta, I shouldn't have pressured you into doing this. I'm so so sorry.."

"Wesley, don't blame yourself for this, she always wanted to learn how to surf. She wanted to."

"I know but.. I can't help NOT feeling terrible!"

Almost on que, Jetta opened her eyes and smiled.

"Jetta!" Jade and I both yelled together.

I gave Jetta a hug before Jade had a chance to say anything else. Jetta hugged me back. I could tell she was smiling.

"Why the hell are you smiling?!" I chuckled.

"I don't really know.. I guess I'm happy I'm okay?" She said as if it were a question.

She's so adorable.

"Well.. alright then!" Jade says.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!" Jetta yelled at me.

"Oh, well umm, I was underwater pushing the surfboard to the shore and I got cut from the bottom of the surfboard."

"Oh my gosh! I'll go get you a towel!" Jade yelled.

"Oh no it's okay, Keaton and Drew went to get some. Actually, they should be back right now.. excuse me ladies but I'm going to go get them."

I tried so hard not to blush.

I walked away, not wanting to, but who knows what trouble Keaton and Drew could be in right now. I walked down the shore when in the distance I saw them playing with a frisbee.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled at them.

"Sorry man, but we found this sick frisbee.." Drew mumbled.

"Obviously! Now come back over with us! We all wanna dry off!"

"Okay okay!" Keaton sasses.

I shrugged off the sass, and ran back over to Jade and Jetta, the boys following me.

"Sorry, these two knit-whits were playing with a frisbee." I said.

"It's cool." Jetta replied quietly.

I handed everyone towels, and we all dried off together.

"It's only 3:00, you guys wanna come over and have a movie night?!" Keaton asked excitedly.

"Yeah sure! You wanna come Jetta?"

Please say yes, pleaseeeee say yessssss! I thought to myself.

"Yeah I'll come, but I'm gonna have to take a shower first. Mind if I take one at your guys house?" Jetta asked. I could tell she was embarrassed asking.

"Yeah sure we don't care!" I said.

--

Jetta and Jade both went up stairs to take a shower, Jetta using mine and Jade using Keaton's. I was downstairs with the guys.

"Okay, we gotta watch a scary movie." I said.

"That's what I was thinking." Drew said.

"Noooooo scary movies are scaryyyyyyy!" Keaton whimps.

"Keaton, there in the category 'scary movies', ofcourse it's a scary movie!" Drew says while chuckling.

"UGH FINE!" Keaton yells.

The girls both walked down, Jade wearing Keaton's clothes and Jetta wearing mine. We told them they could borrow some of our clothes.

"OKAY WE'RE WATCHING 'THE STRANGERS'." Drew yelled.

"YES! LOVE SCARY MOVIES!" Jade yelled.

"Oh god, a horror movie.." Jetta mumbled.

Score.