Chapter 1- Blue Eyes

The car comes to a stop outside a large building, built with the type of brickwork you see in the ancient castles in the countryside- because that's exactly where I am, the countryside, away from my friends and away from my family. As my mother stops the car, I immediately get out, slamming the door in anger and pulling out my suitcases. ''Katniss,'' my mother sighs, getting out.

''What?'' I spit back, my chestnut braid swinging behind me as I snap my neck around to face her.

''Don't be like this, it's only until you're eighteen. It'll do you good,'' she says, searching my eyes for any sign of forgiveness- but it's not there, I couldn't ever forgive her for making me move here.

''No mum, it'll do you good,'' I sigh. I walk around the car, opening the door to where my little sister is still sat, nibbling the skin on her thumb nervously. ''Hey,'' I smile, softening at the sight of her. Out of everyone Prim is the one person I know would never betray me, nor would she ever give up on me, not like my mother has.

''Do you have to go?'' She whispers sadly.

''Apparently so, little duck,'' I sigh. ''I'll see you in a few months for Christmas though,'' I say, moving a wisp of her blonde hair from her face. Seeing my mother and sister, you'd know they were family, the same blonde hair, the same piercing blue eyes- but not me. I inherited my father's dark chestnut curls and grey eyes- not that I'm complaining, I'd do anything to have him back...he most definitely wouldn't have made me leave.

''I'll miss you,'' she says, trying her hardest not to cry.

''I'll miss you too Primmy,'' I tell her, pulling her tiny frame into my arms and kissing the top of her head, before shutting the car door, scowling at my mother. ''Thanks for pulling me away from the one person I love,'' I scowl, pulling out the handles from my suitcases. ''Bye,'' I say bluntly, not even bothering to hug her.

I moodily walk up the steps to the main entrance, without looking behind, as I know that if I did- it would be too hard to turn back away. ''Erm, Katniss Everdeen,'' I say to the receptionist.

''Ah, Miss Everdeen, we've been expecting you. I'm Miss Trinket, but unfortunate for you, you have to call me Ma'am. Let me show you to your dorm with two other students here, who'll show you around and help you get settled in,'' she says brightly, her energy too much for a Monday morning. She leads me out of the building, to where two others stand opposite to each other, separated by the road and some more land. ''To your left is the boy's building, which is forbidden for you to enter,'' she states.

''What, just me?'' I ask bluntly, following her as she totters along in her stilettos.

''Oh no Katniss,'' she says, flapping her arms in dismissal, ''It's the same for all the girls. No girls in the boy's building, no boy's in the girl's building. It won't be a problem anyway, you'll only see each other once a morning during assembly, whenever you have health class and then if you want to spend time with any of them, you'll have to do that in leisure time, which is every Saturday morning, until noon when you'll all be called back for lunch in the hall. But, I'm sure your new roomies will tell you all about it,'' she rambles on, leading me into the girls building.

I follow her down too many halls for my liking, knowing I'll probably end up getting lost numerous times in this next week. ''So your timetable is already up on your wall, or it should be anyway. If you have any problems don't hesitate to ask, here's your key and have a nice day!'' She beams. I give her a quick thank you, before looking up at my room number, 451. I fumble about with the keys, before stumbling in with my two cases, immediately clocking eyes with two petite girls, around my height.

''Hi, I'm Annie- I'm the school's Head Girl,'' one immediately beams, jumping up from her bed to greet me. I'm immediately drawn to her piercing green eyes above anything else, as well as the way her gorgeous hair falls over her shoulders in a waterfall.