Chapter 10

Chapter 10

  “Please tell me I’m imagining this,” Cole said as he ran his hands through his silky hair.

  Why did it have to be him? Of all people! Him! I am so dead! Any chance of getting with him is gone; I’ll just be a stupid sex obsessed kid to him now. Everything we had! It’s ruined!

  “YOU’RE A BLOODY SCHOOL KID!” he shouted at me.

  “I’m sorry,” I whispered.

  “Sorry! Sorry! I could lose my job for this! What were you thinking?” he yelled.

  “I wasn't thinking,” I whispered, feeling extremely embarrassed. “I only realised when it was too late.”

  “Don’t you kids have any self control?” he said as he tried to sort all of this out in his head.

  “But you’re the one who made me go back with you,” I said weakly because I was scared of how he might react. “I was going to tell you but... I was scared.”

  He looked at me closely and noticed the tears collecting in my eyes.

  “I was an idiot Cole and... and...” I stuttered as the tears fell down my face.

  I felt his arms wrap around me for support. I like being close to him; being able to breathe in his sweet aroma.

  “It’s okay,” he whispered unsurely into my ear as I cried on his shoulder.

  “I swear I was going to tell you.”

  “It’s alright Zack. I believe you,” he said, seemingly calm now.

  His body was tense around mine and I knew we were both trying to fight back the urges to turn this hug into something more.

  “Does anyone else know?” he asked in a serious voice as we separated. “About us?”

  As soon as his body left mine I felt weak again, like I was unable to do anything without breaking out into tears.

  “No,” I sniffed.

  “Let’s keep it that way then,” he said nervously.

  Pleasure, I don’t particularly want anyone to find out about this. One: he’s male. Two: he’s my bloody teacher!

  “So... what happens now then?” I asked, shaking all over.

  He let out a deep sigh and sat down on the seat behind his desk.

  “We forget that it ever happened,” he answered harshly.

  I felt like I’d been kicked hard in the gut. Forget! How can I forget? I quickly tried to compose myself; I didn’t need any more tears today. Deep breaths. In and out; nice and slowly; calm down Zack. 

  “Okay,” I muttered miserably.

  We were quiet for a few minutes before Cole took in a deep breath and looked to me.

  “I’m Mr. Sanders and you must be Zachary Mondale. Do you have a nick name or anything like that that you’d rather I called you?”

  “Zacky,” I mumbled.

  I wrapped my arms around my chest as I sat on the seat opposite him, trying to shield my broken heart.

  “Zacky, why do you think you’ve been sent to see me?” he asked softly.

  I don’t know. Why should I even bother to answer? There’s no point anymore. But, the sooner I speak, the sooner I’ll be out of here.

  “My form teacher’s just worried about me,” I grumbled so much that he barely heard a word I said.