Scars

~Picture above is where they went on their date.~

*Not Edited*

I was seriously starting to regret ever doubting Vicky. We had been on the road for almost an hour and we have also passed all the destinations that I thought he would take me to. My suspicions were heightened and it didn't help that he was not telling me anything. Not even giving me clues. Which was super annoying. I don't understand what was the big deal. Just tell me!

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked like he didn't know the answer to that question already. After many attempts and guesses to where we were going, I gave up twenty miles ago. So, I just ignored him.

When he reached over to grab my hand, I didn't pull away. I was just so built up with emotions, my body didn't know what to do.

So when we pulled up to our "date" I'm pretty sure my mouth just about hit the floor. I was shocked, happy, excited and nervous all rolled up into one.

"I've never been here." I said in awe. The feel and smell of the salty air in my hair. Hearing the crashing of the waves right across the street from where I stood. The sounds of bells and whistles and people laughing in the background. I didn't know how to contain my excitement.

"I know. I've been to the beach, but I've never been to The Pier." He placed his hand on the small of my back. Leading me across the street to get to The Pier.

Why didn't the beach ever come to mind for a date? Maybe because it was about an hour away from Houston but still, that was no where near my list of possible locations he would take me to.

I jumped on his back and kissed the back of his neck, then whispered a thank you. Yuca bought us unlimited passes for the day, which meant unlimited ride access for our entire visit.

We were there all day and it was the best day ever. We rode all the rides at least five times each. We ate too much of the fried food and sweets they had there. Then played all of the games. Yuca won me a stuffed Penguin that had a pink bow tie and I swore that I would always keep the penguin no matter what. I had gotten multiple stomach aches because I laughed so hard. We joked around and teased each other about being chicken to get on a ride. Even though we had already been on that ride multiple times already. He would steal kisses when we got on the slow rides and I would catch him looking at me with a dreamy expression on his face when he thought I wasn't paying attention. We talked about so much when we would stop to eat and sit down for a bit to rest. This would be a day and date that I would never forget. Yuca truly made it special for me.

Finally right before sunset we decided to leave The Pier to take a walk on the beach below. After I begged Yuca to put my penguin in his car because I didn't want him to get dirty with sand. I still haven't decided on a name yet.

Yuca found a spot that was a little secluded from people that were on the beach and we sat down. All of the pretty colors of the sunset were just about to show and swirl over the water. I turned to look at him and he was already looking at me with a smile on his face. Feeling embarrassed I laughed.

"What?" I asked him.

"Did you have fun?" He asked in return.

"Yes. Thank you so much for bringing me." I sat in between his legs to hug him and laid my head on his chest.

"I would bring you here everyday if it meant I get to see you smile and laugh like you did today." He started stroking my hair, putting me even more at ease and relaxed.