Ch. 2 ~ Auditions

~Kayla's P.O.V.~

“Let’s go! Get up!” Slam. I jumped up and shook my brother.

“Nate! Nate! Get up it’s time!” I hopped out of bed and pulled the covers off of Matt.

“Matt! Matt! Come on! Today’s the big day!”

They both just groaned. 

“Turn off the light, Kayla.” I crossed my arms and walked out of the room. I went downstairs and sat at the table with my other brother Justin, his wife Missy and their twin daughter’s Alexia and Danielle.

“Want some toast?” Justin asked, passing me a piece and the butter.

“Thanks.” Taking it, I spread the butter and folded the bread in half. Putting my eggs and bacon inside.

“Where are your brothers?” Mom asked. I shrugged, my mouth full of food. Mom looked at Justin.

“Okay.” He sighed, walking up stairs I heard the door open and two thumps. Justin had dragged them out of bed. Missy laughed. I could tell she loved being apart of the family. I have three older brothers, 23, 20, 17 but I’m 8. I don’t really have anyone my age. Even though I have the babies, they are only one and a half.

“How’s my princess?” My dad bent down and kissed the top of my head.

“I’m amazing thank you!” Missy answered for me. Yup, I love having a sister.

“Still cannot believe that Sarah isn’t going to make it.” Sarah is Matt’s fiancé.  My mom finished making her health shake and sat down next to dad.

Conversation passed easily and before you knew it everyone had to go get ready. Today Matt and Nate were auditioning for X Factor. They are such amazing singers. I love them so much.

“Get in the car!” Daddy yelled from the front seat. I was already in the car, saving the seat next to me for Missy. Climbing in Missy sat down next to me, already knowing I would want to sit next to her.  My cousin Dav, Caleb and Matt sat in the far back. My mom sat in the passenger seat, and Nate and Justin sat in the second row from the far back. Only one car seat could fit in each row, so Alexia was next to us and Danielle was by Nate and Justin. Sarah was supposed to come as well but she had to go back to New York because of a family emergency.

With the door shut we drove the hour and forty- five minuet drive to the place it was all going to happen. There were so many people! It was so early, the door opened at 11 and it was only 8. But there were a million bajillion people there already. Some with tents. Some just arriving. Other’s looked like they had been there for years!!!

Once we started going towards the line, all the girls kept looking at us. They always did that. I never understand why. Nate comes up from behind me and picks me up.

“Isn’t this crazy? There are so many people!” I look around. There are girls smiling and waving at us.

“I like your shirt.” One girl with her boobs hanging out told Matt. He just smiled. Like he always does.

“Why does she dress like that?” I asked Caleb. Nate’s best friend. He lives with us too.

“She is trying to get attention.” Caleb answered. I just put my arms around Nate’s neck and looked over his shoulder. So many people, but it’s always like they are staring at my brothers. One even called Missy a bad word.

“Excuse me, but where does she get her hair done.” A mom asked Nate, talking about me.

“I did it today.” He smiled, her eyes went wide with surprise.

“Wow, that’s amazing. I’m trying to find a good place for my daughter, Maddie. Her birthday is coming up and I suck at doing hair.” She pointed to a pretty girl with brown long hair and her boobs were in her shirt. She smiled and started walking over.

“Mom, what are you doing.”  She touched Nate’s arm, which made him shiver. But it’s not cold. He set me down and turned towards her. Maddie's hand never left his arm. “I’m so sorry. Is she bothering you?”

“Not at all. She’s good.” He smiled a really big smile. The smile he only does around pretty girls.

“Wow, sorry. Not to be rude or anything, but you have huge arms.” She squeezed his arm and he laughed.

“Not really but thanks.”

They talked until it was time to go backstage. Then Maddie got his number and he gave her a really long hug.

“Bro, come on. You can make out later.” Matt called.

“Shut up dude.”  Nate said letting go.

“Aww my wittle Nate has a wittle girlfriend.” Caleb said, making kissy faces at him.

“I hate you all.” Mom just laughed and pushed him towards he stairs.

I went up with them and watched on as they walked out, getting an ear blasting scream from the crowd. I saw Demi Lovato’s eyes light up.

“Demi, no.” Simon, put his hand in front of her face.

“Well this is a good start to the Los Angles auditions.” Britney smiled.

“Hello.” Matt said. His voice sounded funny through the speakers.

“Hehe hi!” Demi answered.

“How old are you guys?” Simon asked, his hand back on Demi’s face. They were funny.

“I’m 17.” Nate said. The girls in the audience stood up and started cheering even louder.

“20” Matt stated simply. His hand raised a little bit. More screams.

“And your names?” A black dude asked.

“Nate.”

“Matt.”

“Demi. Hi.” Demi kept giggling. I guess she is like all of the other girls that meet my brothers.

“Hi.” They said that together. They do that a lot. Say things together.

“Are you two brothers?”

“Yeah. We are called Til’ Death.”

“Why Til’ Death?” The black guy asked. He has weird glasses.

“Family, no matter how much they irritate you or you want to kill them, you have their backs til’ death.”

“Oh. Well off you go.” Simon told them to start singing.

After they were done. Everyone stood up and wouldn’t stop cheering.

Backstage Justin was yelling “That’s my little brother! Yeah!”

Dav had Alexia bouncing in his arms, and Caleb had Danielle.

Everyone was so happy. Everyone but Maddie, the girl Nate was talking to. She didn’t look happy. She looked mad. Every time Demi talked to Nate, or kinda laughed, her face got redder.

They got four yes’s and almost ran off stage. Matt picked me up and swung me around.

While we all were celebrating, Maddie smacked Nate on the back of the head.

“What the fucking hell is your problem?!” Everyone just stood there, no one knew why she was acting weird. Missy grabbed my hand and we walked in the other direction of her. As we were leaving I saw my dad put himself between Maddie and Nate and told her she had to leave.

“Leave?! What do you mean leave?! Nate I thought we had something? Then you go and talk to Demi Lovato? Really? Oh you are the biggest asshole ever! I mean what the hell is your problem? I saw how you looked at her. And how she looked at you. What? How the hell do I compete with Demi Lovato?” She just kept yelling, and saying bad words. I didn’t understand it. Then these guys in black shirts came and took her away.

“You got four yes’s!” Caleb yelled, and everyone stopped being so mad.

The car ride home was quiet. But I really need to pee.