Chapter 6

Louis wakes up to someone pounding on his door and his phone ringing loudly from his bedside table. He groans as he rolls over to his bedside table and feels around for his phone and presses the button, answering the call.

"Hello?" He moans out. He's never felt so tired before and he has no reason to be tired.

"Hey love. It's Harry can you come to the door please?" Harry asks and something in Harry's voice lets Louis know that he is distracted by something other than their conversation right now.

"Yeah. Give me a minute." Louis hears Harry mumble an okay as he ends the call and rolls out of bed. He reaches his arms above his head and sighs in relief when the sound of his back cracking echoes in the room.

Louis scratches his tummy as he shuffles over to his dresser and grabs his sunglasses off of them. He walks quietly to the door. He doesn't need to use the wall anymore and makes it to the door perfectly.

Louis fiddles with the lock before he is opening the door and is met with warm arms and good smelling cologne. Harry hugs him tightly and Louis timidly puts his own arms around Harry.

"Hi, love." Harry whispers sweetly in his ear.

"Hi, Harry." Louis blushes and Harry let's go of him. Louis hears the sound of something crackling but he ignores it and blames it on his sleepiness.

"You're sleepy hair looks good on you." Harry says and closes the door.

"Thanks." Louis says shyly and his face is probably redder than red right now.

"I got you something." Harry says and he grabs Louis' hand and leads him over to the couch. Louis sits down facing where he thinks Harry is siting. "Here."

A bag is being placed gently into Louis' hands; at least he knows that the crackling wasn't imaginary. No one gives him presents. Yeah for Christmas and his birthday but other than that never. His mom used to say she got him a present and it was always an appointment to the eye doctor, they went to so many and each one always said the same thing 'without the surgery, that you can't afford, you will never see again'. Now the phrase 'you will never see again' is engraved into Louis' skull and haunts him in his darkest dreams.

"Open it." Harry is sitting next to Louis now and the excitement in Harry is rubbing off on Louis. Louis smiles as he puts his hand in the bag and rips out the tissue paper and puts it in, what he thinks is Harry's lap. His hand goes back in and his fingers it something smooth. He runs his fingers over it, silk. Louis smiles as he gently grabs it and brings it out.

He touches it all over and figures out it's a shirt, a silk shirt. Which is Louis' favorite fabric but an all silk shirt is so expensive.

"What color is it?" Louis asks as his fingers run over the collar with a smile on his face.

"Blue. Just like you're eyes." Harry is smiling Louis can feel it in his voice. And for the first time Louis isn't upset Harry said something about his eyes just only a little annoyed. "I um, I didn't a little research and discovered that silk is one of the best fabrics in the world."

Louis nods and looks down as he tries to hide his smile that he just can't get down. Harry did research for him. He's actually really trying, maybe he wants this relationship but not for long. Blindness is a life ruiner.

"Thank you Harry." Louis says and takes one of the sleeves and rubs it on his face. Harry might be judging him so hard right now but it's fucking silk!

"Welcome, love."

"I'm going to try it on." Louis stands up and walks to his bedroom, his finger stoking the silk as he goes. He walks into the ballroom and slips his pj shirt off and slips the silk on. "Perfect." Louis says as he smooth's it down. The feeling on the skin on his tummy and arms make him feel safe. If only he could have had something safe before- a soft knock from the doorway breaks Louis' trace.