Prologue

~ Prologue ~

"Audrey, it's been decided." My father said to me. Mum wouldn't look at me. 

"You guys worked out a payment plan then,yeah?" I asked a little hopeful

"Well, sort of." Dad said.

Why won't Mum look at me?

"What's sort of?" I asked confused.

Mum finally looked up at me. Tears stained her face and reddened her eyes. She glared at my dad.

"Don't beat around the bush. Tell her. Tell your daughter that you decided to trade her away to save us, Gerald." Mum spat.

Trade me? I laughed nervously. "What's Mum talking about?" I asked Dad hoping this was a really sick joke I wasn't in on.

Dad scratched his head and looked at me with a deep saddness in his eyes.

"Auddie, I'm sorry. There was nothing else to do, they didn't want anything else." Dad said then reached out to rub my shoulder like he always did when there was bad news. I stepped away from him.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I wanted to scream and cry at the same time.

A man walked over to us and said, " There will be someone at your house tomorrow to pick up the young lady." Then walked away after a small bow.

My mum broke into loud sobs.

"Tomorrow? I'm being taken, tomorrow?" I asked them, baffled.

~~~

( A/N )

 Derp. I'm excited to be doing this story, finally. It's been floating around my head for ages. Hope you like it.