Chapter 42: I Will See You Again

Mackenzie

I've been at hogwarts for a month and everything has been going fine. I haven't been to the hospital wing............ Yet. Knowing me you'll never know when I'll end up in there. Today was a normal Friday morning. We all sat in are usual spots: Charlie, Me, Mal across from Jake, Bella, Iris, and Jackson. Cinder sits with us at lunch and then sits with her friend Ben from Hufflepuff at breakfast and her friend Pandora from Ravenclaw at dinner. I was eating breakfast when the mail arrived. An unfamiliar owl came down and dropped a letter on my plate. Iris, Bella, and I immediately stop taking.

"Guys what's wrong it's only a letter it's probably from your family, brothers, or Lily." Malina said.

"She doesn't get mail form her family. And if it was from her brothers or Lily she would've recognized the owl." Bella said gravely.

"I've only ever seen a letter and owl like that once and it was last year." Iris said sadly.

"Here let me see it." Charlie said taking the untouched letter. He flips it over and says "it's from the ministry. It has the seal on it and everything."

I just gulp. "Iris." My voice cracks.

"Can you read it?"

"Sure thing. It says

Dear Mackenzie Rose Black,

We regret to inform you that at 6 o'clock this morning your brother Regulus was killed. I started to sob. He has been found a death eater but tried to get out of it so He-Who-Must- Not-Be-Named killed him. We are sorry for your lose. The funeral will be held tomorrow and your brother Sirius will pick you up and go to the funeral. Headmaster Dumbledore has been informed of the situation and has excused you and two friends from classes today. We are sorry for your lose again.

The ministry

Iris finished. "Aw honey I'm sorry." Iris said coming over and giving me a hug.

My face was stained with tears and my eyes were bloodshot.

"Babe who do you want to stay with you today?" Charlie said whispering into my ear and hugging me.

"I-I-I wa-a-a-a-ant yo-u-u
a-a-and Re-e-e-e-ed." I cry.

"Ok shhhhh." He says rocking me and kissing my head.

Then another owl comes in and I start to sob harder.

"Hey. Hey look it's ok it's from Sirius." I says showing me the letter.

Mac,

I assume by know you found out. I know your probably sobbing. You don't know how bad I want to be there and comforting you but alas I'm to smart so I had to leave. I will see you tomorrow. Be safe and I love you.

-Sirius

P. S James says hey and he wants to comfort you as well. He's sorry for your lose.

P.P. S Lily say hey and she's sorry as well. She wishes she could give you a big hug.

P. P. P. S Remus says hi and he's sorry for your lose and he wants you to stay strong

P. P. P. P. S this is the last one I promise. Mum and dad say they are so very sorry to hear what happened and they miss and love you.

I give a sad chuckle Sirius always knows how to make me laugh.

"Well guys we have to leave because we still have to go to classes." Bella says jokingly.