Chapter 10: Love, Lies, and...... taco's?

I awoke the next day, looking around, I didn't see anyone. I had a headache as I sat up, putting my hand to my head, a nurse came in and checked everything. "Hello dear, finally awake I see?" She was nice, I liked her. She was older but had a very..... young look in her smile. "Hi, yeah, I guess the shot Lyla gave me put me out." I said rubbing my head with my hand while she held my other checking my pulse. "Lyla? Someone came in here and gave you a shot?" She asked curiously, furrowing her eyebrows. "Yeah.... my, my nurse." I said slightly confused, weren't they supposed to keep track and write these things down? "It's ok dear, people usually suffer from confusion when they've had an accident like yours." She said soothingly, putting a hand gently down on my shoulder, laying me down to sleep. I was confused, maybe it was just a mix-up.... yeah a mix-up.

"Is she asleep?" "I don't know." "Can I poke her." "No." "Shh shh, I think she's waking up....." I opened my eyes to my best friends staring down at me. "AAAHHHH" I yelled, surprised by their closeness. Bryant was holding his stomach laughing his Tacoes off, Sally and Thia were clutching to each other for support, Cecilia was trying to comfort me, but she was also laughing too hard. "You guys scared the Shiatsu out of me!!" I exclaimed clutching my heart. "I'm sorry dear." Said Jack kissing my forehead, I hadn't noticed him before. "Hi babe." I said, closing my eyes and enjoying the moment.

"Hey sleeping ugly, how was your nap? Nearly killed the cheese puff sales while you were out." Bryant said, munching on one himself. "Hah, hah, hah. You're so fudging hilarious." Sisterly glaring, I hit him on the arm. "I know." He said, proudly grinning. Everyone laughed, rolling their eyes at our sibling banter. Thia gave me a hug, making Jack release my hand that wasn't broken. I was sitting up in my bed, cross legged. "So when do I get out of here?" I asked happily. "Hopefully soon deary." Said my apparently new nurse whose name was Chellseey, according to her nametag. "Thank you." I said appreciatively smiling at her. "No problem, I'll just go get the papers, and you can be released this afternoon." She said, checking the information at the foot of my bed.

"I want ice cream!!!" I declared putting my fist in the air, going for a more revolution sort of act. "What flavor?" Asked my amazing boyfriend. "Chocolate fudge swirl, ooh or-" I was cut off by Bryant getting out and shutting the driver's door, walking in with Lia. "How wude!" I said nodding my head. They had given me something in the hospital, to keep my blood level from crashing, it was making me feel so refreshed, so...... energetic.

"I want tacos......" I said, tilting my head to the side thoughtfully. Sally shook her head, and said "You stay here young lady, me and Jack will go get them." "Why do I have to go get them? I want to stay with my amazing girlfriend." He said pouting. "Cause, you're paying, unless you just want to give me and Thia your card......" She shrugged holding her hand out. He thought for a moment, and decided the best idea would be to go with Sally and leave me here in Thia's care. "Stay here Kaylie ok?" Jack said seriously, pointing at me. I pouted and slouched into the chair next to Thia, leaning on her shoulder. "Ok, ok." "Do you promise??" He said staring intensely at me. "Yeah, I promise." I mumbled. He sighed "Ok, both of you, stay."

Once they left I smiled mischievously at Thia, holding up my still crossed fingers. "Kaylie!!" She gasped, putting a hand to her mouth. "Don't do it." She warned worriedly. I unlocked and opened the door, sticking my feet out. "Whoops, the door just unlocked and then..... fell open...." I said with faux disbelief and astonishment. She gave me the look, gee, I get that from everybody a lot.

"Kaylie come back in please." She was holding her hands together in a begging manner. "I'm not out....... entirely anyways." I said, kicking my right foot, being in a huge Explorer meant that my feet didn't reach the ground while I was sitting in the seat, I sat on the floor of the van and kicked a pebble around on the ground. "Kay, get back in or you don't get taco's or ice cream." Said Bryant putting the bags in the ice chest that he had in the back. "OK!!!" I jumped onto the back seat looking over the back at what they were putting in. "OOOooohhhhhhhhhhh." I admired the great amount of cold packages they were putting in, I was handed a bag of cheese puffs that obviously were left over from my room. I sat down doing my happy dance. These things were a cheesy heaven in my mouth. "mmmmmmmm.... wait, Bryant, how did you know that they were getting taco's?" He turned around in his seat "Really? I know you, and your love for Moes taco's, if Jack and Sally aren't here, that means they obviously left to get taco's." Darn, smarty pants. But I simply replied with a shrug "Oh." He chuckled.

"Alright, we got the taco's, and burrito's." Said Sally opening the door and sitting down with Jack in the seat in front of me and Thia. "OOH OOH FOOOOOD!!!" me and Thia reached for the bags, just to have them snatched out of our reach. "Not just yet, wait till we get home, then we can have lunch with mom and dad back at home". "Yaaay!!!" I anticipate the fun time we're gonna have with everyone. "What took y'all so long to get it?" I asked, after all it had been 30 minutes. "Oh, long line at Moes, then we had to get everything made..... you know how that is." Sally said, rolling her eyebrows. Sally was what you call a frenemy, we always fought, she was slightly spoiled, but all the same we always loved each other. "Ok." I said bobbing my head up and down, her and Jack sat in the seat in front of us, I laid down and took a nap on Thia's lap.