Chapter 4: Who is this?

Chapter 4 "Who is this?"

"What do you think??" Cil asked turning me around to face the mirror, she had done my makeup and my hair. I looked like someone else, almost entirely different.

I touched my face and took a handful of my hair and looked at closely. There was no way this was me. Who was this? "Whose body did you switch mine with?" I asked jokingly, still unbelieving.

"Hahaha." She laughed, amused at my disbelief "You are so beautiful".

"I've got a bad case of looove whiplash, now now now now...." My ringtone started playing. I jumped and reached for it. "Hello?" I asked "Hi." Said a smooth voice. "Who is this?" I asked, even though I knew and started doing a little hop/dance thing. "Uuuhh... it's, uhm, Jack, we met in the mall, 'member?" "Oh yeeeeaahh," I said casually, "I remember. what do you need?" I said, hoping he couldn't hear Cil singing her own version of Call Me Maybe in the background. "I I want, I mean, I would appreciate it if, you, maybe, would, like to hang out tonight?"

"Uhhhmm, let me check with Cil to see if anything's going on......" I said calmly while having a small spas session with Cil. "Do it!!!!" She 'whispered', she wasn't very good.

"Uh, nope, nothing going on with us, what time do you want to pick me up?"

"The sooner the better." He said. I honestly, couldn't agree more.

"Ok, let me get ready real quick, I haven't even changed yet." Which WAS true.

30 Minutes later, He was on his way (according to his texts) and me and Cil were getting the house cleaned, making sure we didn't mess up my hair or makeup. When we heard a knock on our door Cil jumped and started shoving things into the closet, I mean full out laying against it with her back. I got up and answered the door, realizing that as I reached for the knob, I hadn't changed. "Hi" I said smiling, anticipating Jack, instead finding our neighbor Bryant. "Oh." I said. "You." I sighed turning away from the door leaving it open. He walked in shutting the door saying "Well hello, how are you? Oh I'm good." He said pretending that I actually cared. Cil spoke up from the hall, closing the door on her way "Hey Bryant!" she said giving him a small hug. "Sorry about Kay' bad manures, she's nervous about her date." She explained.

"WHICH I NEED TO GET DRESSED FOR STILL!!!" I yelled, running to my room shutting the door to change. Coming back out and stopping by the bathroom to fix my hair a bit, pinning the front locks with bobby pins. My now frizzy hair slightly tamed, hanging about my shoulders. "What do you guys think?" I asked walking into the living room turning in a circle with my arms up showing them, stopping quickly so that my dress wrapped around my legs before settling back down. Bryant just glanced and nodded, going back to eating the cheese puffs Cil had open on the counter. "It is so adorable on you!" She exclaimed. "I love it!!" She beamed with pride as she told Bryant, "I picked it out." When the door bell rang I jumped for it, thankful that I was wearing flats.

"Who is it?" I asked playfully through the door.

"Uuuhhmm, it's a burglar. Mind if I come in real quick?" Jack said.

"Quick lock the doors, don't let him come in." Said Bryant.

"It's just her date, Jack." Said Cil laughing.

"I knew that." He said quietly eating a cheese puff.

I opened the door, there he was, dressed in a white t-shirt, and dark jeans. Could someone actually look like a Greek God? "Hey," He said handing me a sunflower, walking in and handing my cousin a daisy. "For the girl who got me this date." He said to her.

"Why thank you kind sir, I shall cherish it forever." She said laying the flower on the counter to replace it with Cheese Puffs. "Did you find our humble abode easily?"

"Uh, no." He said smiling. "You ready to go?" He asked me with that warm smile and a twinkle in his eyes. "Mhmm." I said putting my flower in a vase of water.

"Then come my dear, let us go eat, laugh, and be merry." He said holding out his hand in a dramatic 'old fashion' way. I laughed and put my hand in his, playing along with a small bounce of a curtsy, making my fake curls bounce and flounce around my shoulders.

"Sooo.... that guy that was there, your brother?" He asked in the car.

"Hm? what guy? Oh Bryant, no, our neighbor, he's always at our place." I said rolling my eyes. "Oh, cool, he nice?" He asked, obviously trying to find conversation to fill in the empty space. "Yep." I said, nodding slowly, looking out the windows, realizing i didn't recognize anything. "uhhhmm, where are we going?"

"My kids want to meet you." He said smiling, turning on the turn signal, easing into a really nice subdivision, where he had to stop and add a pin number for the gates to open.

"You have kids??" I asked, kinda worried, wondering how old he was.

 "I told you I would prove to you that I babysit kids for a living." He said with a face that said, we were gonna have fun.

"Ok." Not quite sure yet. "I trust you though." I said with truth.

"Well, it would be awkward if you didn't." He said winking at me, Pulling into a drive way with one car in it. I just stared at the house while he walked around and opened my door for me. When I stepped out the door opened and a lady walked out, obviously the Mom, "Food is on the stove, I have a charity, I'll see you afterwards." She said in a matter that meant she hadn't noticed the strange girl that was with her babysitter. "Oh, hello there dear," she said noticing me, giving me a hug after hugging Jack. "Don't let him get away with too much, alright?" She said winking before putting her sunglasses on. "Tata dears" She waved behind her walking away and getting her car driving off at a very high speed.

"Okaaayy then." I said in a way that meant, what the heck was that??

"Haha!!" He laughed heartily, "yeah, that's the Mrs, call her Peggy though. Shall we go in now?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HERRO!!!! vote,fan,comment.

I don't feel well, but I uploaded for y'all anyways.

also, this is the first book of a series. soooo yeah. Please let me know I have readers. I will not upload again till I get at least one comment.