My Guardian Angel [Chapter 2]

Damon's P.O.V.

 It has been a month since Miranda died, but I'm still not over her. My best friend Caleb keeps trying to take me out to clubs and call some girls from our high school days to try to set me up with. I don't like it when Caleb does that, but he is doing what he thinks will make me feel cheered up. I'll never be happy again not without Miranda. Luckly most the girls Caleb set me up with all have stopped trying to be with me. Well all except one, her name is Vanessa. Which no matter how hard I try to push her away she always sticks around. I'm actually kind of surprised that Vanessa stayed the longest in my life, despite all the bad things I've done to her.

 It is kind of strange that the more I hurt Vanessa the more guilty I feel about hurting her and the more I develop feelings for her. I keep telling myself that I don't deserve to be loved or to be in love. I'm supposed to be miserable for the rest of my life, but I just can't ever let myself be happy again. I just don't deserve to be happy ever again.

 All of the sudden someone pulls a chair right up next to me and leans their head on my shoulder. "Hey, Damon! How are you?"

 I look down to see who is leaning on my shoulder and to my surprise its Vanessa. "What do you want Vanessa?" I ask her harshly as I push her off my shoulder.

 "I just want to be with you Damon. Besides you really look like you need someone to cheer you up, your always so miserable." She remarked.

 "Well stop it Vanessa, I don't need cheering up. I'm perfectly fine being lonely and miserable."

 "I don't believe that one bit. You just want to push girls away because deep down inside your afraid to fall in love again."

 I raise my eyebrows in shock. "How do you know that?"

 "Just a lucky guess." She shrugs. "Besides you can't be miserable over Miranda forever even if she has been your best friend since kindergarten, then became you girlfriend later on before she died. Miranda would want you to be happy, not miserable."

 "How do you know all of that? I only met you like 2 weeks ago at some club and don't say its another lucky guess because I've never met you until 2 weeks ago."

 "It doesn't matter how I know this, but I just do."

 "It does matter how you know this! I deserve to know how you know so much about my feelings and Miranda!"

 "Whatever! I'm leaving now!" she grabs her purse and stands up, walking away.

 I just sit here, thinking to myself, How could she have possibly known about that?

Vanessa's P.O.V.

 I take a deep breath as I begin to walk into the palace of the Lord. Miranda sees me and pulls me by my arm, giving me an evil glare. "Are you out of you mind?!? How could you let something like that slip out?!?" She asks me.

 "I'm sorry, but I'm not perfect like the other guardian angels and I never will be." I say to her.

 "Well then, why are you a guardian angel?"

 "Because I got stuck being one, since I was a good person when I was still just a human. I'd rather be an angel of darkness for Satan."

 "Well that won't happen until you get Damon to get over me."

 "I know that, but Damon will never get over you. He is head over heels in love with you."

 "It has only been a month since I died, he will need more time than that to get over me. Vanessa I know that it will be hard to wait longer for him to get over me, but it will worth it, so please just be patient."

 "Fine, I'll try to be more patient."

 "Good and I'll be watching you." She said to me as she disappears into the clouds.

 I sighed as I jump off of the clouds and fly back down to the ground to go back to where I left Damon. Which to my surprise he is still there. "Hey,Damon!" I said as he looks up at me.

 "Hey,Vanessa!" He said in sort of an angry voice.

 "I'm sorry for leaving you like that without an explaination."

 "So does that mean you will finally give me the explaination to how you knew that about Miranda and me?"

 "I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you, but I can't."

 "Why can't you tell me?"

 "Because I just can't tell you. I'm really sorry, but promise me you'll try to forget about Miranda."

 "Why should I promise you that if you can't even tell me how you know so much about Miranda and me?"

 "Please Damon just promise me you'll try to get over Miranda."

 "Fine, I promise I'll try to get over Miranda for you. So, Vanessa will you go out on a date with me tomorrow?"

 "Why are you asking me out on a date?"

 "I'm listening to your advice by trying to get over Miranda, so I thought asking you out on a date my help."

 "Well then, I'd be honored to go on a date with you."

 "Okay then, meet me at my house tomorrow night at 7pm."

 "Okay, see you then." I say to him as he stands up and walks away.

 I take a deep breath and look around to see if anybody is watching. Luckly nobody is, so I take off flying and disappear once again straight into the clouds.