My Guardian Angel [Chapter 1]

My best friend Miranda was on one of her daily night jogs until she saw me sitting alone on the swing, she came over and sat next to me. I looked up at her with a sad expression.

 "Damon, whats wrong?" She asks me.

 I shrug and then sigh as I kick at the ground. "My girlfriend Tally broke up with me."

 She smiles a little trying to hide her smile from me, but I see right through it. "Well you don't need her Damon, you have me. I'll always be here for you. Remember best friends forever?"

 "Yeah best friends forever." I smile a little then push her off her swing.

 She got up and pushed me out of my swing, then we just started chasing each other around. Its been a long time since we acted like this. I think we were in like 2nd grade when we last goofed off like this, I miss moments like those. We grew apart after elementry school, but I'm glad she is still in my life. I remember one time at this very park when we were in 1st grade she ran right into a tree when she tried to chase after me and broke her front two teeth. Good times!

 As I run from Miranda, I shout to her. "Try not to run into a tree and break your teeth."

 She stops and glares at me evilly. "That happened in the 1st grade and you still choose to remember that, but yet you forget my own birthday!! Jerk!!"

 I stop running and go over to her. "Sorry Miranda, but it is really funny."

 "Jerk!" She punches me in my shoulder really hard, but playfully.

 3 Years Later...

 "Miranda I'm so glad we got to be more than friends. I never thought that I'd like you more than a friend." I said smiling at her.

 "I didn't think so either, but won't your ex-girlfriend be jealous and well do something really bad to me?"

 "Tally broke up with me 3 years ago. We never got back together after I told you she dumped me at the park. Besides even if she does its her loss she dumped me and I'm in love with you now." I smile and hold her hand tight.

 "Yeah but she was kinda, well crazy though." Miranda said with a worried expression on her face.

 "I don't think anything will happen to you or me Miranda. Were together and nothing will change that." I said trying to cheer her up.

 "Well what about my ex-boyfriend Steven?" Miranda said to me as she points behind me.

 I turn around to where she points and see her ex-boyfriend Steven holding a gun in his hands. Steven walks closer to Miranda and aims his gun at her, pulling the trigger and shot Miranda straight through the heart. Now Miranda is dead and Steven had left. So my life officially sucks because 3 years ago Tally breaks up with me and now I date my best friend to have her die. Which this must be hell to me espically because Miranda was my best friend it hurt more to loose her than anyone else in my life. After all my I've been through with having to loose my parents in a car accident. Yeah this is really hell and from now on I should never be happy again.