Chapter 3.

When I got to the chemistry lab, it was already full. Except for the last two ones.Great. I'm late on my first day.

"Excuse me, I'm Kathri-"

"Katherine Holmes, right? Welcome to school." The teacher said.

"Thanks" I reply quietly.

There were benches here. I spotted one in the back only one sitting on it. I went to sit there. It's the same boy that was bullied a while ago. Should I talk? I wasn't good with starting conversations and talking thing. Katie, stop being coward.

"Hey," did I just talk?

He didn't reply.

"I'm Katie,"

He still didn't reply.

"Nice to meet you again." I said.

"Again?" He finally said something.

"Yeah, I gave you your glasses when it fell from you a while ago."

"Oh," he looked like he didn't know what to say. I feel him. "Thank you."

"No need." I said with a smile. Maybe a smile could make him feel better, right?

He didn't say anything. We just sat there listening to that chemistry thing.

"What made you sit next to me? You could've sat somewhere else." He said after a long silence.

"I didn't want to sit anywhere else." I simply replied.

"Why?"

"Cause maybe we can be friends?" Did I just say that?!

"F-friends?" He looked a bit surprised. "Why me?"

"I don't know. I felt like we can be good friends." I replied.

"I can never be a good friend." He said looking away.

"Yes you can. Everybody thinks that they can do nothing, but we have the ability to do anything if we just had some faith." I smiled at him.

"But I will bring you troubles." He said quietly. I didn't know him yet. But I really hated seeing him like that.

"I think you are a nice person and we can be good friends. Just have faith and believe in yourself. Trust me everything will be better." I said smiling at him.

"Maybe you're right." He smiled back.

"So? Friends?" I said

"Friends." He replied with a smile. He had a cute smile.

"Mr. Mahone and Ms. Holmes" the teacher called us out. "Will you please stop talking and be with us?"

Everybody gasped and looked at us and kept whispering. What's wrong with these people?

I looked at him and he was looking at the ground. Why people are so mean? He seemed like a nice person. Why don't people give others a chance?

"Everybody quiet!" The teacher said.

Everyone in the class looked at him a and listened to the lesson. I looked at the boy sitting next to me and who I didn't know his name yet. I didn't think it's a good time to ask about his name.

"Look," I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder. "People are mean. I know this feeling. I have been treated the same way. I'm here with you and I won't let anything happen to you. Maybe we don't know each other yet. But I will be with you." I said.

"But you'll get in troubles.." He said.

"I don't care."

He looked at me with his wet eyes.

"Smile?" I said and he looked down again.

"Please." I said and he finally looked at me and smiled.

"You don't give up easily, do you?" He said smiling.

"Maybe." I said smiling.

"We should be quiet or we will have detention." He said and we both laughed quietly.

We sat there listening carefully to the teacher and at the end of the class, he gave us many assignments. A moment after, the bell rang and we all went out.

"Well that's a lot of work." I said while we were walking.

"Yes it is."

"How am I going finish all that? I'm barely good at chemistry. I was good before but now I just don't understand it. I like chemistry but I'm good at it anymore." I said disappointed.

"Well I can help you." He said smiling. This is the first time I see him smiling first.

"Really?" I said smiling.

"Yeah sure, I'm a chemistry genius." he said and I laughed.

"Okay Mr. Genius, I will need your help." I said and we both laughed.

"You can come to my house if you want to.." He didn't complete and stopped walking and looked a bit worried.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I stopped walking and asked him worried.