Chapter Twenty One

Eomer's P.O.V.

This is all wrong, it should not be like this. Days grow colder, night's grow longer. My mind in an emotional state as I fail to find out any information on where Aria is at this moment. My uncle grows wearied and tired by such events and I do not know how to help. My sister Eowyn and my cousin Theodred emotional over this new found state of the King. I do not know how to help him, what to do to help Middle Earth, we need a miracle.

I go to the chambers of Rohan now, quick paced. I see the unusual servant of my uncle sitting next to him, stroking his hair. This does not seem normal. "Grima, what is your business here?". I said in a commanding voice. He looked at me and said in his raspy voice, "Your uncle is stressed, I am simply sitting with him, keeping him company during these hard times". I looked at him signifying my anger of his ignorance. He smiles, but it is not warm, it is not friendly. I do not think him being here is a good idea, but my uncle is different now. He doesn't speak, he simply cannot, he is even starting to look different, as if his age is catching up to him faster then it should. I sigh softly and walk away.

I walk up to my chambers and walk past Eowyn's door, I notice it is opened. "Eowyn?". I said softly as I slowly turned my head around the door. She sat their on the edge of the bed, a tear stained face. "Do not cry over these woes Eowyn". I said gently as I sat next to her and hugged her, she lay her head on my shoulder and sobbed into me. "How can you tell me not to cry, when everything is going wrong Eomer? Uncle is changing and I don't know how to make it better". She said as she started to self sooth from her crying. "Eowyn look at me, we cannot help Uncle, we do not have what he needs to make him better. We need a miracle Eowyn, he differs in look, thus not being natural, something is going on, but I no not of what it may be". She looked at me and said in a quiet voice "That Grima Wormtongue is bad news Eomer, he has not a warm heart. I see him watch me at every moment he can, and it is a look that sends a chill down my spine. He seems to be hiding something, I do not like this Eomer". She said as I wiped the tears of her cheeks. "I promise you now, I will do everything I can to look after you, Uncle, Theodred and our people. Yes, I also have my suspicions on him, he does not seem good in character. Only further observation on him can be held at this point, but I promise I will do everything I can to make things better". I hugged her and squeezed her shoulder as I got up to leave her chamber.

I sit inside my own chamber looking in my mirror. Thoughts of Aria, Grima and Middle Earth spread through my head, and it all gets too much. I notice everyday the way Grima stares at my younger sister, the look he forever gives her, haunting her. He clearly shows something for her, but I will not allow this. He is different, he is dark. "Hunhh". I sigh heavily as I rest my head in my hands, trying to clear my mind. With my uncle in this terrible shape and form, I will need to take control. Something must be done. I wonder what will happen, will their be a war? Where will it begin? I sigh heavily again realising that I cannot do this alone.

"May the Gods of Middle Earth watch over us, protect us and love us". I said silently to myself. All kingdoms are aware of the problems that may arise in these current times, but we need King Theoden back to normal. Rohan will be run down without him. "God help us".