Chapter-12 *Getting in Trouble*✔

*Jessica's P.O.V*

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. I stood up and smiled widely.

"Nina," I said hugging her. "Finally, you got the time, huh?"

She rolled her eyes. "Babe, I also came here to study. I was in class."

"Really?" I lifted my eyebrow. "I thought, you only came here to meet Jake." I winked suggestively at her.

"Very funny." She pouted and grabbed a seat.

"Whoa, what happened?" I asked, slightly surprised. She seemed off.

"He's not coming today," she said pouting her lips again.

"Why?" I asked her, confused.

"He got some stuff, I don't know. He will come tomorrow."

"Awww, poor girl." I hugged her and noticed Noah, stiffened besides me.

What's wrong? I decided to ask him later.

"Don't make fun of me, and Noah," She pointed at Noah. "Go and bring something for me. I'm starving."

Noah immediately grabbed my hand and we went to the counter to order something to eat.

"She's in bad mood. Just do whatever she wants, otherwise you'll be dead, babe," Noah said dramatically.

I chuckled. "Noah, stop it and listen. Don't you ever talk to me like that in the class! I don't want to make a bad impression on the teachers." I pressed my lips in a thin line.

"I can't help myself," Noah grinned.

I rolled my eyes at his silliness. Noah was a fun-loving person, and I really liked him for that. Although, I sometimes felt like he was trying to flirt with me. I'm not too sure about that, but I couldn't accuse him of it. I don't want to hurt him again. I really need friends here, and Noah is a great guy to be friends with. I don't want to lose him because of my stupid, subconscious thoughts.

Suddenly, I remembered to ask about Jake.

"Noah?"

"Hmm," he replied, scrolling through his phone.

"Do you like Jake?"

He froze and stared at me. "What do you mean? I'm not into boys, if you are implying that." He joked, faking a smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Noah, you know what I mean. I noticed your change of mood when Nina mentioned about him. So tell me what's wrong?" I crossed my arms.

He sighed, "It's nothing. I just don’t like that guy."

"Why?" I smelled something fishy.

"Some stuff," he mumbled, lost in thoughts.

I was about to ask him more but our order appeared, so I decided to drop it. He would share it if he wanted to. I shouldn't force him.

So, we went back to our seats carrying food: three cheeseburgers, finger chips, and two plates of red sauce pasta, which was Nina's favorite.

Nina and Jelline were talking when I interrupted, "The food is here."

Nina gave me a serious look. "You met Max?" She asked and lifted her eyebrow.

Ah! News travelled so fast in college.

I shrugged. "It's not a big deal."

"It is." She grabbed my hand. "Do you know who he is?"

"I don't care who the hell he is. Why is everyone so worried? He was being a jerk. I just showed him what he deserves," I said and took a bite of my burger.