Chapter 4: Preparations

Sorry it has been awhile my lovely readers! I'll try to update more often over the summer! Enjoy the chapter! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up from the same dream as all the days before. Never have I witnessed his face, but we seemed playful and so carefree. I’m guessing we were about seven years old in that dream. Only in my dreams have I felt so juvenile, so happy-not to say that anything is wrong in my life, but I just seemed so alive in my dream. I sighed, dreams will always be dreams.

                I wonder why I constantly have the same one though. I took a quick look at my alarm clock and saw that it was 5:45 am. No use to going back to sleep I guess. I took a quick shower and decided that since I had a little extra time this morning, to put my brunette hair into long waves. Today feels different, like something will happen very shortly. I gasped for a moment when a sudden realization came into my mind.

                My seventeenth birthday is tomorrow. People aren’t really supposed to get amped up about it right? Isn’t it usually the eighteenth birthday where everyone gets really excited. I guess it’s different for me now. The big one seven is tomorrow. You might find your mate tomorrow, a voice crept into my mind. Mate. No one exactly told me what having a mate will entail. In another life I would have smacked myself across the face for being so cool and collected about the fact that werewolves exist and that I might find the person that will stay with me for the rest of my life tomorrow.

                Then I started to really think about it. I mean okay werewolves exist, so what? I’m sure there are more dangerous things in this world besides werewolves and I always knew there was something out there. Mates? I mean nature is practically choosing who the person that is meant to complete you right in front of you. No hassle of dating or finding “the one” that you seek your life for. You would know instantly. That doesn’t sound so insane.

                I know that if I had actually grown up in Woodruff like I was supposed to I would actually be very excited for this day to come. I could see the way Dad looks at Mom and how Caleb looked at Rebecca yesterday night. There was so much love and complete devotion in their eyes. I want that for myself. I guess people could say I’m mature in the sense that I’m looking deep into things whereas other girls my age would probably freak out. I knew I was always a little different than most.

                Once I was done putting my hair in loose waves with the curling iron, I turned it off and went to my closet to get my clothes for the day. I decided to be a little dressier than usual and picked out a floral skirt with a belt, light brown leather knee high boots, and a white cotton t-shirt completed with a necklace.  I went down the stairs once I was finished and could hear my mom and dad talking. I could smell mom’s pancakes. Yum!

                I entered the dining room and saw Mom and Dad sitting there.

                “Morning Mom, morning Dad,” I said to them with a smile. I went over to them and kissed them both on the cheek and then grabbed a plate, put some pancakes with syrup on and took a seat across from Mom.

                “Morning dear, tomorrow is the big day!” Mom said excitedly. “My baby is going to be all grown up! We have so many things to plan for tonight. How about you invite some of your girlfriends over tonight and we can start decorating for your party tomorrow. Alpha Latro said we could have your party at the Pack House tomorrow night so the whole pack is going to be there.”

                I smiled at mom. “No problem mom. I’m sure a lot of my friends would love to help out.” Then I started to get nervous. “What if the people in the pack don’t like me?” I asked quietly looking down at my pancakes.