Chapter 2: Lights, Camera, Ship!

~Blake’s POV~

 “Adam!” Blake yelled for Adam. He wasn’t answering his door and it was raining. Blake despised the rain. He waited another minute, then knocked loudly again. He was about to go around the side of the house when the door swung open, exposing a bare chested Adam clad only in a white towel wrapped hastily around his waist at risk of falling. His hair was wet and spiky and his skin glistened with water droplets.

“Goddamnit. Impatient much?” But he was only joking; Blake saw it in his eyes.

“I hate the rain. Now let me in.” Pushing past Adam, he stepped in the door, shaking his head like a dog and ruffling his hair. So much for making it look decent, he thought annoyedly.

“Ahem, doggy. Must you shake your water everywhere?” Blake looked at him and laughed. Adam was currently soaking wet as well, also dripping on the tiled floor of the main hall. He seemed to realize this, looking down and shaking his head and smiling. “Fine. Point made. I’ll be right back, I’m going to get changed. Make yourself comfortable. You know where all the goodies are.” He disappeared up the stairs and Blake took his shoes off and placed them by the door, then went off to the kitchen in search of food.

He walked into the large open room, bright as day even though it was only ten in the morning. He loved Adam’s kitchen. It had large glass double doors on one side and the stove was in the middle of the long marble-topped island. It was neat, modern, and one of the coolest rooms Blake had ever been in. He fished around the cabinets above the counter searching for snacks. He let out an “Ah ha!” when he found the bag of chips and grabbed it, putting it on the island and going to the refrigerator for a soda. When he turned back around, Adam was walking into the kitchen with a light grey tank top and black jeans with his legendary belt.

Tossing him the soda and grabbing one for himself, Blake said, “Do you ever not dress up? Or am I just so special you need to impress me all the time?” He grinned at Adam, who laughed but said nothing, staring outside at the greenery in his yard.

“So what are we going to do on our vacation? Won’t be very much fun if we spend it indoors watching TV the whole time.”

“Does that include sitting at a bar indoors watching TV?” Blake asked jokingly. Adam took a chip from the bag and threw it at him. He caught it and plopped it in his mouth, thinking. “I know, we could go for a bike ride. Or go hiking.”

“I thought you didn’t like the rain.”

“I don’t. I meant when it clears up, you idiot.” It was his turn to throw a chip at Adam, and he wasn’t as successful at catching it as Blake. He hit it, sending up into the air, and caught it in his mouth, saving it. He smiled big at Blake, showing off his trick to him.

“Lucky save.” Blake grabbed the bag and his soda and strolled past Adam towards the living room, another bright room with lots of windows and modern furniture. Adam followed closely behind. “More like extremely skilled, if you will.”

Blake ignored Adam’s comeback and turned on the TV. What came on made his cheeks turn red and before he could change the channel, Adam reached over and snatched the remote out of his hand. “No need to be watching that. Though it was quite fun.” He flipped through the channels until he landed on the MTV show Ridiculousness. Blake forced himself to forget what he just saw on the screen.

It had been when Adam kissed him on the cheek, and the next clip had been of Blake kissing Adam on the back of the neck. Who knows what the show was going for, but Blake had a funny feeling that it had to do with a certain “ship” that was going around that paired them.