An Angel is Born

Warning. I haven't properly edited it so beware of some mistakes. I'm sorry! This is more of a filler chapter. So I'm sorry if you guys don't like it. A birth scene is included but it's nothing bad and it's not descriptive. I have never been in labor and all of the labor scenes are from experience from people I know who have had children. I tried to make it as realistic as possible since I want to be a nurse in labor and delivery or the maternity unit.

(Disclaimer: I don't own GMW or the characters.)

Giving birth was one of the most difficult physical things Riley has ever done. She had spent six grueling hours in labor. They had informed her before that everyone varied in the hours they spent in labor and that she could be in it 20 minutes or days.

She was currently being transferred from the labor and delivery unit to the maternity unit where she would be staying for approximately three days. Bella was carried off by the nurses to be properly examined and cleaned. She would be reunited with her child right after the proper procedures were performed.

Lucas has decided to go with the nurses to the nursery unit where Bella was being taken. He was in awe of how amazing it was that this small bundle had managed to captivate his heart in a matter of a few seconds. He didn't want to leave his newborn child for a single second, he wanted to spend as much time with her. He felt immense love and need to protect her.

.

.

.

Five hours.

Riley was now on her fifth hour of being in labor and she just wanted the baby to hurry up already. She was currently experiencing contractions every two minutes and was 9 cm dilated. Her doctor told her she should be ready to push at any moment.

"You're doing great", Topanga encouraged her daughter. "Almost there hunny."

"Mom, it hurts a lot", Riley cried with a few tears slipping from her eyes.

"I know it hurts sweetie", Topanga responded. "It will be all over soon."

"I hope so", Riley sighed while she wiped away a few more tears.

.

.

.

Maya walked through the long hallways of the maternity unit with a giant pink teddy bear and balloons in her arms. She was on her way to visit Riley but had made a quick stop to purchase something for the baby. Against Maya's wishes, only Lucas and Topanga were allowed in the delivery room with Riley. The doctors insisted that it would be better if there were only two people with Riley, one being her boyfriend and the other being her mother. She had waited for six hours in the waiting room but was persuaded by Shawn to leave after the news was given of the baby's healthy arrival. She reluctantly agreed to go home and sleep for a bit. Farkle had accompanied her home but had told her that he would be arriving a bit later on to the hospital. Maya finally arrived at Riley's hospital room. The door was slightly open and Maya walked in without knocking. "Hey Little Plant! I came to see the little cutie. Where is she?

Riley turned to her eager best friend and smiled at her. "She's in the nursery getting checked up. She should be here soon."

"Where's Ranger Rick", Maya asked while sitting down on the chair next to her best friend.

"He's with Bella in the nursery. He doesn't want to leave her at all", Riley answered.

Maya set the bear and balloons on Riley's bedside with some other gifts.