Prologue

~VOTE CUZ YOUR AWESOME~

Hey guys!! So, um, this is my first story, EVER (unless you count the storybook version of the Illiad I had to write for English), and I’m super excited. I’ve been wanting to upload something on here for forever now, especially since I already pretty much live on this site, and now I have! Anyways, tell me what you think. I’m already planning on finishing this story but then again, a few comments and votes sure wouldn’t hurt. *wink* *wink*

Enjoy!! :D

Oh, And this is in the mothers POV(Robyn Lively, on the right), 8 years before the story really begins... thats why it's the prologue!

________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

*Mrs. Jenny Hazelwood*

"Wake up, Theophila!" I called from my spot at the stove. "Wake up my little Theo! I made breakfast!"

I continued working the spatula, but soon realized there was nothing but silence coming from my eight year olds room. Not again. I really, truly, hated being late in the mornings.

I quickly checked the timer and set off for her room. I opened the door and there, on the pretty little daybed my husband and I bought her, was a small mound of softly breathing blankets. I smiled to myself. She was so adorable, even as she was making me late for work.

I crept over and gently lifted the covers away, smiling to myself. I was greeted by a pair of sleepy brown eyes, a puffy face crisscrossed in sleep wrinkles and a whole boat load of wild red hair.

"I don't want to get up, mommy," she mumbled and tried to pull the blanket back over her head. Oh no, that was not going to work.

"Don't be silly. It's your first day! I thought you were excited about 3rd grade." I heard her mumble something else. I sighed. "I guess you asked for it, didn't you? Well here I go..."

"No," she gasped, throwing the blanket up and staring at me with wide, scared eyes.

"Oh, yes. Time to wake up in the morning, the morning, the morning! Time to wake up in the morning, so early in the day!" I sang as loud as I could as I skipped out of the room. Behind me I could hear her yelling, "I'm up! I'm up!" Good thing I couldn't sing.

Right as I reached the kitchen, I heard the oven ding. Just in time! Humming to myself, I continued the breakfast-making process. A muffin for me, pancakes for her, and mango slices for both of us. I was so absorbed in the ordeal that I didn't even notice she was already sitting in a bar stool, rubbing her eyes and sporting the adorable fall dress I bought her just for today.

"Are you hungry, honey? Today's going to be a big day. First day of school and everything." I couldn't believe she was already in THIRD GRADE! It was almost scary.

Then she totally popped my bubble of happiness. "I don't want to go to school, mommy."

"What do you mean? Why on earth not?"

"Because...Alex says that I can't to him at school because I'm not cool enough and the other kids will make fun of him! He says that we're still best friends outside of school and that it's not a big deal, but...now I'm going to be all alone! And I don't want to be alone." She told me all of this in about a four second period, and it took me a good minute to rally understand it.

"He said that?"

"Yes!" She looked close to tears.

"Oh sweetie, ignore Alexander. He's a boy and boys usually say and do things they don't mean. You just have fun and be yourself. Let him be a brat if he wants to." What I really meant was, 'Dang that stupid boy and his childishness! Does he have to be so awful?'