That Night

"How could he do this to me?" "What should I do?" Monica take a sip of her wine then place it on the table. "I'm going to call him." She pick up her phone and dial. Ring...ring...ring "Your call has been forward to the automatic voice message system please leave your message after the beep...'beep'. "Hey Ri'nard it's me Monica, I have something very important I need to tell you so please call me back soon, bye." Fifteen minutes later her phone rings. "Hello" hey bae I'm sorry I didn't picked up earlier, what you needed to tell me?" "Well I don't want to tell you over the phone so can you come over?" "Yes I be over shortly, OK" "OK bye" "Bye." She hang up the phone and walked to her living room. Nervous on how she should tell him the news she sit and wait. Twenty minutes later she hear a knock the door, it's Ri'nard. "Hey, come in have a seat." They both sit down. "OK bae what is it, I'm over here now so just tell me." "Um OK well, you know we been dating only a few months and that night you came over we had some drinks and something's lead to others..." "Yes sweetheart I know, I would never forget that night" Well, I went to the doctor for a checkup and..." "I know where you going with this, look at me Monica I know you're pregnant, I'm not going to be a deadbeat dad like my father was to me OK." Monica wipe a tear from her eye." "Ri'nard I'm not pregnant you give me HIV!"