Next In Line:Ch11

As it turns out, the wolf that killed my brother and the one took Casey's mom was the same one.

But we weren't talking about that right now.

"But, you don't feel any connection at all?" Casey asked me.

I shook my head. "Nope. During the month that Mason has to win me back, I won't feel connected to anyone. And if he doesn't win me back after the month, then I'll find my mate that I'll be with forever."

I felt so at ease around him, and it was easy to open up and just say what I was thinking.We were sitting in his room, just talking about whatever came to mind.

His room was pretty plain, with white walls and a huge king bed in the middle with a white comforter and sheets. His open closet doors revealed the only color in his room. The room was huge, so there was room for a couch on one side and a desk with a comfy looking office chair on the other.

"I really hope we are mates, Cassie," he told me. I smiled at him and fluffed one of his pillows before laying back on it. "But I really don't get why you get to lay on the bed while I have to sit on the couch in my own bedroom."

I shot him a look and threw a pillow at him. "I get to lay on the bed 'cause I'm a pretty princess!" I sang in a little kid voice.

Casey cocked his head to the side and smirked at me. "Hmm..." he murmured. "I wonder...are you tickelish?"

"No," I said quickly. Too quickly.

In seconds, Casey was on top of me, tickeling me until tears were leaking out of my eyes from laughing so hard.

"Stop, please! Stop," I begged, while trying to defend myself with another pillow, which, by the way was not working so well. The pillow was yanked from my hands and thrown across the room. Casey was suddenly looming over me and I shrank back farther into the pillows. He reached out with one hand and gentley caressed my cheek.

"Why are you scared of me?" He asked quietly. I gasped, shocked. "What?" He said, irritated. "Are you surprised I guessed it right?"

Shaking my head vigorously, I took his face between my palms and made him look at me.

"I am not scared of you," I said with all of the conviction I felt. I truly wasn't; I was just shy around him. Like every other guy. But this shy was...different.

He got closer. "Then why do you always try to avoid contact with me? And try to get away from me when I come closer?" He proved his point my coming closer still, and raising one eyebrow when a small squeak came from my mouth as I tried to lean farther back.

I stared at the wall above Casey's head as I tried to make words come out of my mouth. "I-I get n-nerv..." I trailed off when my mouth became dry again. I took a deep breath and tried again. "I get...shy....because...y-you make..me...nervous," I said slowly, avoiding eye contact, knowing that if I did meet his eyes then I would blush. I was amazed at myself for not having blushed yet.

I sighed quietly in relief when Casey relaxed, even though he was still above me, with one arm on either side of me. Pfft

Déjà vu much? His face was inches away from mine and his green eyes were liquid malachite. (look it up!)

I found myself closing my eyes and leaning in towards him, straying from the sheltering pillows. He pressed his lips lightly to mine before pulling away and laying next to me on the bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rolled me over so I was laying on his stomach.

He leaned up to kiss me again, but I instead buried my face in his chest, slightly embarassed from admitting that he made me nervous. He started tracing slow circles on my back, making me shiver.