Next In Line:Ch5

"Mason...be careful you stupid punk!," I hissed.

He was stiching up my leg right now as we sat on my bed. My parent's didn't take the fact that I was only wearing a shirt too bad, and they sent us up to my room immediatly for Mason to fix the wound. It apparently was too deep to heal properly to we needed stiches to help it along. Oh, and it was just my luck that Mason would know how to do all that doctor crap.

"I'm so sorry Cassie! I shouldn't have let you get hurt in the first place. I'm so sorry," he whispered the last part. I could see how much it hurt him to have me in pain and I felt bad, my sadistic spark gone. True, I liked to irritate him, but making him suffer was just cruel.

He finished the stitches and put a big white bandage across it.

"Don't take that off until you take a shower, and change it everyday," he told me, not meeting my eyes. "I'm sorry I let that Alpha attack you."

Aww man. Now I felt guilty, because it was my fault that the Alpha attacked all of us in the first place. I couldn't tell him about how Casey had come onto me though; that would just cause problems that weren't needed right now. I scowled to myself, but quickly smiled when I noticed Mason looking at me funny.

"So," he said cautiously. "Why was that wolf after you anyway?" His eyes were on me while mine wandered my room, taking in the white walls covered in posters, my black queen bed with the matress sitting on top of it, and the CD's that covered nearly every surface.

"I took a run this morning," I answered.

"I know. That doesn't explain it though."

I took my time again, thinking of a believable answer. He noticed my hesitation though..

"Something happened, didn't it Cass?," he asked me, taking my chin in his hand and forcing me to look at him. I guess I had to tell him.

"I know him because I've accidentally crossed his border before and he's interested in me. He pushed me up against a tree and kissed my mark," I paused before I continued with the story, not missing Mason's pain-filled grimace. He knew what happened what another male touched a female's mark. "Then he kissed me," I paused again because Mason started growling. I shot him a look and kept talking. "SO. I bit his lip and made it bleed which pissed him off and I ran. Then you came."

Mason was shaking next to me. I bit my lip, not sure of what to do. I rested my hand on my arm, and starting massaging his arm. He took at his arm, then at me, and then two strong arms snaked around my waist and pulled me to his chest. My leg protested to the awkward position I was in, and I moved around and got comfortable.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about your leg," he whispered, his eyes full of corcern. I don't know if I could take how vulnrable he looked for much longer, he looked like a teddy bear with beautiful blue eyes...

He had his hand on my neck and his thumb was slowly rubbing my cheek as he pulled my face closer to his. I pulled back slightly because I didn't like where this was going.

Please. Please don't fight me anymore...

I stared into the endless blue pools in his eyes and stopped fighting. I owed him that much.

Just this once.

He slowly pressed his lips to mine. They were soft. I wondered if he wore chapstick? I want the kind he uses. It obviously works really well.

I slowly started to kiss him back, and our tounges intertwined as the kiss turned form sweet to passoinate . He tasted like watermelons. It wasn't very manly, but that was okay. Watermelons were good. I seriously needed to get his chapstick. Mason killed my train of thought when he pulled back and rested his forhead against mine.

"Were you seriously thinking about what kind of chapstick I use?," he asked incredulously.

I started and stared at him.

"Um. Maybe?," I said quietly. He kept staring at me. "What?! Your lips are really soft," I mumbled embarrassed as he laughed quietly. A new question popped into my head.

"How come you know what I'm thinking but I don't know what you're thinking?"

"The same reason only the female get's marked. It's always been like that," he answered with a smirk. I suddenly jumped off the bed and starting dancing around the room, singing my favorite song, "Bang Bang Bang" by Christina Perri.

"Bang Bang Bang, boy!

You're goin' down, down, down boy!

To the ground where you left my heart to bleed,

Bang she shot you, karma tastes so SWEET!"

I stopped dramatically and bowed.

"Thank you, thank you," I said in a deep voice as Mason applauded me.

"Well that was an amazing performance, Miss Cassie Tasman. But I'm afraid I must be off," he said in a fake British accent. He took my hand and kissed it. "I'll call you, milady. In the meantime, love, please avoid anymore Alpha riff-raff. I would not want to have the guilt of his death on my hands. Now, no more dilly-dally! Goodbye my love!" he called as I broke into a fit of giggles.

"Oh and one more thing, my love!" he shouted and something flew at me. I caught it before it fell and looked to see what it was.

Watermelon Chapstick.

"I KNEW IT!!," I screamed at him as he left. I threw myself back on my bed, playing with the chapstick and throwing up into the air. It was quiet and lonely after Mason was gone.

"I think he's starting to get to me," I whispered to myself.