Chapter Seven: Siegfried The Light Mage

It was around seven in the morning when we walked through the front gates of Kasodral. The golden sun was behind our backs, casting long shadows across the ground. I could now smell the salt breeze from the ocean.

"Yes!" Flame hooted as he raised his arms in the air. "I now have enough money to pay for the damage I did a few days ago!"

"Yeah!" Fryn squeaked in agreement as he bounced around Flame.

I yawned loudly from my lack of sleep, and I covered my mouth as I did so.

"You were quite amazing, Lucina," Siegfried said to me.

"In what perspective?" I asked in confusion.

"Regarding your ability to conjure so many spirits at once," he answered. "I've met very few mages with that much magical power and ability. Most that try to summon more than one spirit at the same time usually were seriously injured from it or even died."

"That was the first time that I had ever made an attempt to summon that many as I did last night," I admitted to him, "I wasn't sure if I could until I gambled with my life to see so. To be honest, I thought that I was going to die for even trying to summon two."

"If you really had thought you would have died from it, then why did you do it?" he asked me in a serious tone.

"Because if I did not try, we could have not taken Starkadhr down. He was slowly over powering all of us," I answered. "And I would rather die trying than watching my friends get harmed!"

Siegfried looked surprised as though he expected a different answer; even Flame and Fryn had stopped bouncing around and were looking at me too.

"I see...," Siegfried said slowly. "You're a greater person than I first thought. Not very many mages would put their friends' lives before their own."

Siegfried, Flame, and Fryn smiled at me.

"I'm glad you're a member of Celestial Storm, Lucina!" Flame said as he laughed. "We're not only your friends; we are your family!"

"Aye!" Fryn squeaked as he started to bounce around Flame again, then added. "But even so, you're still just as useless in general!"

"You sure know how to make people felt good about themselves," I said to Fryn sarcastically. "You did nothing to help us against the battle with the vampires. You just hid the entire time while criticizing about my fighting abilities."

"What are you talking about?! I took all three of them on single handedly!" Fryn squeaked indignantly as he bluffed.

"You're a big liar!" I yelled indignantly as Flame laughed, and Siegfried smiled in amusement.

After a few minutes, the town's people started to wake up and come out in to the streets to work. There were a fair number of sailors that made their way to the harbor, and miners that started to make their way to the roads that led inland. Some of the locals were coming out of their homes to go to their jobs at work or household chores. Some of locals recognized Flame, and judging by their increased paces at the site of him, he must have had some negative relations with some of the locals. Flame must have destroyed things that had belong to them in the past.

"Don't destroy anything today, Flame!" one of the locals called out to him. "You already caused enough trouble the other day!"

"Don't rub it in! I didn't do it on purpose!" Flame called back without looking to see who it was.