Discord |18|

A/N: it's a short chapter I know and I apologise but it's still a chapter I hope you guys enjoy. Thank you all so much for reading this and dealing with my slow updates

Megannn

XVIII.

The pounding in my head stirred me awake which caused me to roll over and bury my head into something, feeling the warmth of someone's skin against me when I opened my eyes, expecting to see blonde hair, not brunette. I touched my fingertips lightly over a faded scar on her shoulder, forgetting how soft her skin was against mine. I ran my fingers down the contours of her exposed skin, feeling the dips down the middle from her spine until I reached the dimples in the bottom of her back, running my hand over her hip when I moved myself closer against her to press my lips gently against her shoulder blade. For the first time in months I felt at peace, I felt alive laying here next to her, a feeling that nobody has brought me but her. And for a long time, a genuine smile pulled up on my lips when the smell of her skin comforted me.

"Morning," she mumbled in a tired voice when she shifted to roll over and face me.

Her hand ran up my back when she pulled me close to her, our bodies pressed together while she kept her eyes closed. I moved a stray piece of hair from her face, brushing my fingers lightly over her cheek and jaw. A small dimple showing in her cheek when the corners of her lips twitched.

"Morning," I whispered back. I went to move in to kiss her when my phone started ringing from somewhere on the floor.

I lay across Rebecca, moving our stray clothing out the way until I finally found my phone, Rebecca rolling over onto her back to stretch while I was on top of her. The thought of her being naked underneath me turned my throat dry when I closed my eyes to concentrate.

"Hello," I answered down the receiver, hearing Rebecca mumble something before I slapped my hand over her mouth to shut her up.

"You busy?" Jessica's voice rang through the speaker, my heart dropping when I looked back at Rebecca.

"Yes, I kind of am." My voice sounding croaky from last night's drinking when I coughed to clear it.

"Are you feeling okay?" her voice now sounding concerned, while Rebecca's hands ran down the length of my back before her arms wrapped around me.

"Just trying to nurse a hangover, look I'll give you a ring later. Something just came up." I lied, just trying to get her off the phone when we quickly exchanged goodbyes.

"Let me guess, Jessica?" Rebecca asked in a tight voice when I got from off of her.

She sat up and rubbed her face to rid the grogginess when she turned her head to look at me, sadness returning to her eyes before she looked away from me to get out of the bed. I watched her put on her articles of clothing slowly before she turned to face me in nothing but her underwear. My eyes checking out the length of her curvy thighs and hips before looking over her toned stomach.

"What time is it?" she asked, reaching out for her shirt to pull on.

"Nine," I answered, panic running over her face as she pulled the rest of her clothing on frantically.

"Shit, I'm late for work." She groaned while she zipped up her jeans. Once she was dressed she leant down to plant her lips upon mine, "thank you for helping me forget." She smiled slightly but it didn't reach her eyes.

"No problem," I replied in a mumble.

I kept my eyes on her as she left my room when a deep exhale came from me as I rolled over onto my back, not realising I was holding my breath in. After staring up at the ceiling for god knows how long I finally clambered from off of the bed, scurrying along the landing towards the bathroom with an arm full of clean clothes.