Discord |16|

A/N: I think you guys are going to like this chapter as much a I liked writing it.

 - megannn

XVI.

The days passed in a blur. All it consisted of was me working and sleeping, not having the energy to interact with anyone other than my mother when she comes into my room to check on me.

Jessica would stop by and try to coax me out of the house but it never worked, I would just tell her I'm too tired to do anything but I think she was catching onto something. Some nights she would stay to keep me company, other times she would ring me up to make sure I'm okay. In all honesty, it was very sweet of her but it wasn't needed.

However, Rebecca and I haven't spoken since the night that I called her to stay with me. It's not that I've been avoiding her I just haven't seen her around. Then again I haven't been looking out for her.

I wrapped my arms around myself when the summer breeze took a turn and became cold over the weekend, leaving me to pull my jacket around me tightly to keep the cold out while I walked where ever my feet took me.

With a quick glance at my watch, I realised I have been walking aimlessly for an hour with no sense of direction as to where I was going, just so long as it got me out of the house and away from people's questioning. Glad that walls couldn't talk because I'm sure they would have a lot to say.

In the end, I stopped by at the local bar that Jessica worked at not really finding a need to return home anytime soon if I did I was just going to be alone to listen to the silence. When I pushed open the doors a few heads turned my way just to see who disturbed their own silence and solitude.

Without much hesitation, I walked to the bar and sat on the stool waiting for someone to come over and serve me when I spotted the familiar blonde at the end of the bar talking to a customer. I stayed quiet as I allowed my eyes to travel up her body, taking in her figure when a voice pulled me from her to someone else, knowing that it was Rebecca when she looked back at me with a sigh.

She nodded her head once in acknowledgement pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose as she took her drink and moved down several seats to sit next to me. We didn't say anything to one another when she nudged her shoulder against mine and drank the rest of her drink before she turned to look at me with a tiny smile on her face.

Just by looking at her, I understood why I loved her. She's smart. Funny. Sarcastic. Beautiful. Makes my heart go erratic even when I want to hate her.

"So, what are you drinking?" she asked in a broken voice, her tone trying to cover it up but failing.

I hated that my heart was my enemy, I wanted to touch her face and kiss away the pain. But I knew this wasn't my fault.

"Scotch," I answered. Not daring to tear my eyes away from her blue and green ones.

She called over the bartender and order two scotches, Jessica finally turning around, noticing both Rebecca and I sat next to each other. I felt her blue eyes burning into me while I took a small sip of the liquid, feeling the raw taste travel down my throat when I looked away back at Rebecca.

"Thank you," I smiled weakly.

"I'm sorry about the other day." her voice coming out bleak when she took a large sip, making a noise of distaste when she coughed away the burning sensation.

"Which day?" thinking of one too many right now.

"Causing a scene outside your house, leaving in the morning without a goodbye." my head just nodding when she listed them off.