Memories of a Forgotten Soul

~ I wrote this ages ago on my iPod so sorry for any mistakes or anything since i didn't edit it. I only emailed it to myself. Mehh >. > ~

                                                                                    **

                                                              And in a dream that we may see,

                                                                There is sadness, as always,

                                                               But clouded in a wave of hope.

                                                         This hope is what we, as children, have

                                                              Only lost by changes to the heart.

                                                                          Time, we say. 

                                                                               We lie.

                                                                     Age is but a number.

                                                                                   **

In one of my earliest memories I am swinging on a swing. I am wearing my favourite yellow sundress, the one with little roses in it. Mommy tied the back with a bow for me, even though I tell her that I am old enough to do such things on my own. I am five now, not four like Susie, one of my besets friends. Her Mommy still has to tie her bow for her but I'm old enough now. I say this to Mommy all the time but she never let's me tie my bow. She tells me to wait until I am a bit older. But Mommy, I think, I am always getting a bit older, just not old enough for you. A lot of Mommies do that; they tell us to wait.

*

An aeroplane flies overhead and I know in an instant what type it is; a Boeing 747. A commercial jet, used for carrying passengers around the world. It's track record isn't that bad, but it's not spotless. None of them are. It's not that there is a matter with the actual plane itself, it's just that sometimes accidents do happen.

     It would be pitch black around me, but the airport and the planes act as huge stars,  illuminating the area around them. Sitting on the grass behind the fence surrounding the perimeter I wonder what it would be like to escape. Can I ever escape? Can I just hop on a plane and fly to the other side of the world, and start a new life, different to that which fate had planned out for me. I can't defy fate, I don't think anyone can. Romeo and Juliet died as a result of fate, but I suppose they were happy before they died. Anyway, I'd need money and thats something I really don't have lying around at the moment. But that doesn't stop me from dreaming.

*

Daddy takes us to the mountains sometimes to hike out in a trail and camp by our special spot. Mommy cant come anymore because she's not here. Daddy tells me she is gone up to God - the person who made all of us. I would like to go up to Him as well, to ask Him questions about everything around me. Maybe He'd be able to tell me why the sky is blue and why butterflies and moths both start off the same way... Or maybe even why stars twinkle like candle lights. Daddy says I am full of questions but I am six now. I am old enough to know about everything so I just ask him about the sky and the stars and the reason why Mommy never got the chance to see me grow up and see me tie my bow in my own. I miss Mommy and I still don't know why she went without saying goodbye and not teaching me how to read properly. She was supposed to show me all this before, wasn't she? Daddy tried to do the same things that Mommy used to do but I have to keep fixing his mistakes. If only Mommy could see how big I was now.