chapter four

It had been a week since mine and Rocky’s first ‘date’, which I’m still not too sure if we’re even calling a date or not. Since then we had been talking non-stop, even it some of it was just by text. He has spent a lot of time at my house when my mum and Andy have been at work, which of course, they were a lot of the time.

I loved it here, everything was so beautiful, including the boy that was acting as my tour guide. I was amazed that someone would go to so much trouble to spend the majority of his time with me to show me around places he had probably been to hundreds of times before. Sometimes I did get the impression that maybe, there was a slight chance he could like me.  But I soon canceled out this thought, everytime ending up asking myself why would he like me? There was nothing paticularly special about me, and he was absloutely gorgeous. But why would he be spending so much time with me if he had no interest in me?

Knocking these ridiculous thoughts out of my head, I had a quick shower and got ready.

Today Rocky and I had arranged to go out for lunch and then to go back to my house and have a lazy day and watch ‘The Notebook’, because, in Rocky’s words, it was a ‘crime’ that I had not seen it.

I put on a pair of denim shorts, a cute top and a pair of dark blue converse. I left my hair as it was, my dark brown curls sitting perfectly in place just below my shoulders, put on a bit of makeup and I was ready to go.

This boy was all for surpises, never telling me where we would be going. I heard a knock at the door and I ran down the stairs to greet Rocky. He refused my offer to come in, and I noticed him looking me up and down as I closed the door behind me. Looking at his face, I smiled as his eyes travelled back to mine and he let out a slight chuckle.

“What?” I giggled.

“Nothing.” He laughed to himself as we walked to his car. I narrowed my brows but could not knock that smile of my face as I caught up with him so we were walking side by side. It amazed me how tall this boy was, with myself being quite tall I figured he must be about 6”2. I seriously had a thing for tall, skinny guys with brown hair and dark eyes, and he fit these criteria... well perfectly.

After a short drive, we arrived at this cute little resturant which was surrounded by hills.

One of the things that I loved about this boy was that it was never awkward; the conversation was always brilliantly flowing. As we sat opposite eachother, I was telling him about my parents split up. I mentioned that my sister lived with my dad back in England, which appeared to surprise Rocky.

“You have a sister?” He asked.

“Yep.”

“How come you didn’t want to live together?”

I took my attention off of him and starting looking around the room, wondering what to say. He must have noticed this as he began to look concerned.

“We don’t really get on... I mean, I know we’re family, but we don’t really see eye-to-eye anymore. Her name’s Marissa, she...” I wondered if I should carry on, but decided to. “She’s the complete opposite of me. She smokes, drinks, does drugs, the whole lot. We’d always got on fine, but after our parents split up, she just went completely off the rails. And I know she’s my sister, but to be honest I don’t really want anything to do with her anymore.”

He nodded, showing that he had acknowledged what I had just said.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke. “What about your dad? Do you get on with him?”

“Yeah, I guess. I’m not really that bothered about him..” I said, my thoughts trailing off. “When I was younger, we were like, the perfect little family. I loved it. We were all so close. Then as I got older, everything seemed to be taking a turn for the worst. I hate thinking about how close and perfect everything used to be compared to how things are now. I haven’t seen Marissa or my dad in about a year now.”