Chapter 3

As usual Audrey did freak out when she saw Elizaebeth round the corner. She then again trampled us with her stamped hug. We took a few moment s to hear Elizaebeth's story and Audrey was still jumping up and down. After we talked Audrey had to go to her other friends and discuss something so me and Elizaebeth walked to our usual area and sat down with our other friends. "The Nerd Table" that's what we all call it anyway, we don't care what other people call us.

"Brookeworm!" I hear a familiar voice call me. I look away from Elizaebeth to see my friend Bethany with her hands on her hips staring straight at me. "Why hello Bethany." We both smile. Every time we see each other from a distance Bethany calls out my name in a mock tone, its her thing. The only bad thing is I don't have anything for her. I walk up to our table where I see Bethany wearing a knee-high dress, its a coral pink with little while embroidered flowers on it, her smile just makes the outfit complete. I always smile when I see it and her laugh is especially the best. We might not be those type of friends where we text each other twenty-four-seven, but we are good friends. Honestly I'm jealous of Bethany, I always wanted to be a person like her. She's outgoing, beautiful(even though she doesn't think so she is) smart, and is confident in herself. The thing that I love even more is she is a bookworm like me. When I read my books I can't stop ranting on about them in my head and apparently to everyone else, at least Audrey says so.

"Elizaebeth!" Bethany shouts running up to her and squeezing her to death. She does her little squeal while hugging her. "I missed you so much! Where the heck did you go woman!" She yells at her keeping her hands on her hips. Elizaebeth smiles and again does her silent laugh and replies "I went to Japan for a while, had a once in a lifetime opportunity so I took it." Bethany's eyes widen and her mouth drops to the ground. "You mean to tell me you went to Japan and didn't bring me!" She says pointing to herself. Elizaebeth's smile widens and she just stares back at Bethany amused by her reaction. "I'm sorry." She says plainly. I just smile at both of them, Bethany doesn't even reply she just storms off and goes to sit down. But as soon as she does she jumps right back up and right back to us. "You guys know I was just messing with ya right?" She says looking at both of us. We both smile and nod our heads.

The bell rings and immediately we run to our class, we have five minutes but of coarse we want to go early. So me and Elizaebeth are speed walking to band trying to see who can walk faster. "What are you two doing?" A deep voice questions. I spin my head around to find that Thomas is looking at me and Elizaebeth with his eyebrows raised.

"You know the normal, just a speed walking contest." Since we both stopped I took this as an opportunity to get a head start, so I slowly started to back up while holding a finger up to my mouth to signal Thomas to stay quiet. A smile creeps across his face and he keeps Elizaebeth talking. Soon I am like 5 steps from the classroom when I see Elizaebeth's head whips around to see me. With an immediate reaction of a quick fast walk. She has really long legs so it would take her like 3 steps to get there. I walk as fast as I could. Our hands reach for the outline of the double doors. And......."Danget Elizaebeth, why do you have to have such long legs." I say glaring playfully at her. We both smile and start laughing, I glance behind us to see Thomas smiling while shaking his head. 

++++++++++++++++++++

I am startled by the loud ringing of an annoying bell, the only good thing that comes of it is that it signals  one more class is done with. Sure I like school and everything but the sooner its over the sooner I have less stress to worry about. And I kind of have to like school, that's what good girls do. Now it is lunch and I have something I've been waiting to get my hands on......Fudge!!! Right as the bell rings I run to my locker and grab the lunch sack containing the chocolaty goodness, kept cool by am icepack below it. I pull it out feeling the cold tickle at my finger tips. In the ziplock bag are 5 pieces of candy. One for me, one for Audrey, one for Elizaebeth, one for Bethany, and the last one for whoever asks first. I walk to the room where all my friends hang out with a big grin on my face. Audrey, Elizaebeth, and Bethany look at me with confusion until they see the bag swaying in my hands. Instantly their eyes widen and they run at me. All at once they hold their hands out at me with demanding eyes shining at me. I smile knowing I have all the power in the world right now.

"Please!" They all demand. Ever since 7th grade when I brought a little for them to sample they have always been expecting it every once in a while. "Of coarse you guys can have some, just keep quiet about it." I whisper placing a cold piece in their pleading hands. As soon as it is in their grasps all of it is shoved into their mouths, gasping at the deliciousness. I smile, I have just brought joy and happiness to their day. Mission complete: Be nice to everyone everyday period. After lunch we have 2 classes and thankfully they go quick. Soon it is time to walk home, listening to relaxing music, finding pieces of my love life in every song, and hoping and praying that I don't run into Thomas.

"Yes!" I say pumping my fist. The song "You belong with me" by Taylor Swift comes on. And I know it is a tacky song but it describes my love life pretty damn well. My crush is on the track team though and has a cheerleader girlfriend so there is a little switch around but still.

"Hey rock nerd." Thomas says tapping me on the shoulder. I turn around to see his big dark brown eyes starring into mine with a smirk on his face. I take out my earphones and turn off my music setting it in my pocket. "Jealous, because I know you can't rock out as good as I can." I say playing an air guitar. His smirk form to a smile, wow it actually looks.......cute..SNAP OUT OF IT!!
"Maybe not but I think we should test that theory someday." He says staring into the distance. His short brown wavy hair blows in the wind as he looks forward. And his eyes shine even as he squints. Sunlight pours on his face making him look really dark.
"I look forward to kicking your butt and putting you to shame." I tease nudging his arm. He looks at me with a smirk and I do the same. We get home and say goodbye to each other still teasing one another about who will win this rock battle.
+++++++++++++
I hope you guys aren't mad at me for not updating for like a month, the good news is I wanted to instead of having an every 3 day update space them out longer so they can be better longer chapters so I'm going to do an every 2-3 week update on a Friday. So I know it's Tuesday but that means there will be an update in 2-3 weeks on Friday. It will be longer I promise. So can you guys tell me how I'm doing on the book? I would really like some feedback. Even comments motivate me to update faster, but if no one comments I guess it's not a good book, I'll still update but please help me out!