Chapter 2

Hey guys just wanted to say that this story is going to be updated every 3 days or so. This is my first book but I've written lots of short stories so we'll see where this goes.
I really appreciate you reading this and hope you like it.

"Um hi?" I reply to the boy leaning out his window. He still has that smile on his face and quite honestly it makes me want to smile.
"I know that this is awkward but I just wanted to introduce myself since I didn't get a chance earlier." He says calmly staring straight into my eyes.
"Oh, um ya my names Brooke." I say recalling that memory in my head. We stand in silence for the next few seconds.
 "So how long have you guys been here?" I ask featuring to the house beside him. He gives me a weird look as if it's obvious and the smile appears again.
"We just got here this weekend how long have you lived here?" He says a smirk appearing on his face. I smile and roll my eyes.
"Oh you know just my whole life." I say shrugging. His eyes widen and stares at me for a few seconds.
"No way, you've got to have moved once?" He questions anxious for my answer. I slowly shake my head. His mouth drops and he shakes his head as well. "Now that's just messed up." I can't help it I laugh and stare at my intwined fingers. I twiddle my thumbs while looking at him.
"So how do you like Mazama?" I ask looking into his eyes for an honest answer. It takes him a few moments to reply pondering in his head what he thinks.

 "Um, its alright not better than my old school though, Rosevelt High." He says scratching the back of his neck. I raise an eyebrow. What is he talking about Rosevelt High sucks that's where all the people that get into trouble a lot go. He notices the look on my face and answers with a questioning "What?"

"I think that Mazama is was better than Rosevelt any day." I say confidently as a small smile makes its way across my face. 

"You think so." He states sarcasm prominent in his words. I look into his deep brown eyes and he looks calm but tired lingers in them as well as the bags under them. I nod my head in response. Immediately he shakes his head back. "I think not, but if you think so prove me wrong. What is better about Mazama?" He asks giving me a smirk. I glare at him for a second listing the pros and cons of Mazama and Rosevelt.

"Well first of all they don't have the kids that make trouble, way better lunches, and the kids here aren't so mean, well except you." I spit at him putting emphasis on well. He scowls at me but a smile appears on both of our faces. "You know it too you just don't want to admit it." I say looking back into his eyes. It takes him a few moments to respond. I look away from his eyes for a second to look between out houses where there is only grass to break out fall if we jumped out. When I look back up at him he is still staring at me.

"Ok you've persuaded me, but I am not mean." He says pointing a finger at me. I roll my eyes and wave goodbye to him. "Goodnight and let the bed bugs bite." I say to him. He glares at me again for the bazillionith time tonight. We both back away from our window and I crawl under my covers. My eyes slowly start to close and soon I am in a deep sleep.

+++++++++++++

I open my eyes and another heaved sigh escapes my mouth. Eventually I push myself out of bed and force myself to get ready. In about 15 minutes I am in black leggings, a white t-shirt, and white vans. My hair is in a simple ponytail, and of coarse no make-up. I rush downstairs to have the smell of eggs and bacon prickle inside my nose. I take in a deep breath and walk into the kitchen where my dad is cooking breakfast.

"Morning sunshine!" My dad says while flipping an egg.

"Morning." I reply while walking over to the tray of heaven waiting for me. Just before I could get my hands of one piece of bacon my dad slaps my hand.

"What was that for!" I yell angry that he got between me and my bacon. One thing that you should know about me is you do not mess with me and my food or you will pay.

"You need to do your chores before you can eat which means you have to clean up this mess." He says pointing to the stacks of dishes on the counter and on the stove. I swear when my dad cooks were all grateful but he is like a pig in the kitchen. I look up at him with a straight face and then look at him with pleading eyes. His eyes stare into mine and its like were having a war to see who gets to do the dishes and who gets to sit on the couch eating bacon. After many minutes I give up walking over to the sink opening the dishwasher and emptying it.

+++++++++++

Now finally I am able to walk out he door. The dishes took FOREVER to finish. I thought I was going to be late for school. Soon after I finished and was savoring the delicious bacon my dad left for work indicating that it was my turn to leave soon. I look up at the clock and see that it is already 7:45. A small grunt falls out of my mouth and I run into my room grabbing my bag, my phone, and my book. I rush out the front door locking it behind me. I look over to Thomas's house and of coarse he has to leave at the same time as me. I look away trying to walk faster but of coarse he has to catch up to me.

"Hello neighbor." He says casually nudging me shoulder. I look over at him to see a really big smile plastered on his face. I roll my eyes and continue walking. He keeps ranting on about how all the Mazama girls are. And I decide that I really don't care so I zone out thinking about what I have today.
I think I have a Chemistry test and an English test which will be easy as cake considering the teachers.

"Brooke. Earth to Brooke." I hear Thomas say as he waves his hand in front of my face.

"Did you hear me?"

"No and honestly I don't want to hear about all the hot girls at Mazama." I say calmly.

"Well then you didn't hear me about my schedule change." He says with a smile on his face. I look over at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I now have Band with you and Chemistry can you believe that." He says skipping in front of me. I stop where I am glaring at him as he skips ahead. He stops and turns around at me as his smile slowly fades.

"Seriously you want to torment me that much?" I ask seriously contemplating whether or not to just run to school from this point or continue on with him. He shakes his head in disagreement.

"No they called me in yesterday, just didn't think it was important to tell you until now." He says shrugging his shoulders. I shake my head and continue walking. And the whole rest of the way is in silence.

+++++++++++++

"Brooke!" I hear a familiar voice call. I turn around a to see my old best friend walking toward me with outspread arms.

"Elizaebeth! I haven't heard from you in so long where have you been you just like disappeared for a month!" I say hugging her.

"I'm sorry I should of told you but I actually got a chance to go to Japan for a while because this was the only opening." She pleaded.

"Wow that must of been fun. Getting a head start huh? I thought you were going after you graduate?" I ask puzzled.

"I was but I actually got an opportunity before so I thought I had to take it." She says with the biggest smile on her face. Honestly I haven't seen her smile like this for a while not just because she has been gone but because before she was always having a hard time with life in general.

"Well I'm glad you had fun, just sad that now you have to come back to reality." I say looking at her with a genuine smile. She does her famous silent laugh and we walk to my locker together where I am sure we will find Audrey waiting at her locker. And then our group will finally be reunited.

A/N: I know that it is a little shorter than last time but this is where it had to end to be able to not have it so long and have the next one so short so the next one will include some of Thomas and Brooke moments as well as some new characters like Elizaebeth so please keep reading.

~Bye