Chapter 1: First Day of Freshman Year.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I hit the snooze. It's my first day of my freshman year, but just like any other school day, I'm not so thrilled about it. I just lay in bed thinking about how I'm going to stay under the radar again this year, just stick with the few friends I have and focus on schoolwork. But, also focus on my on-again-off-again boyfriend Xavier. 

     Xavier and I have been sorta together for almost a year now. He has messy light brown curly hair, bright blue-green eyes and the most adorable giggle I've ever heard. He just recently got back from being in another juvenile detention center for the third time. I know he isn't the sweetest guy, and he gets in a lot of trouble, but he's the only guy that has ever liked me. 

     I jump up in bed to the sound of my alarm going off again. I turn it off and practically crawl out of bed. I run my fingers through my long, wavy, blonde hair as I drag my feet walking downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. I sit down at the table beside my brother Brenton. My other brother Cole is sitting at the table across from us already eating Frosted Flakes. My baby brother Chance is sitting in his highchair eating yogurt. Mom is making eggs and bacon, my favorite.

     I ate my breakfast quickly because it was already almost 7:20. When I got done, I thanked Mom for making breakfast and ran upstairs. I still had no idea what I was going to wear. I grabbed my black pair of skinny jeans and my new Black Veil Brides tee shirt. This would do. I changed pretty fast and turned on my straightener. To give it time to heat up, I went and brushed my teeth. I hated my teeth; my braces needed to just finish the job faster than they were. I was tired of getting made fun of for being "braceface." 

      When I went back into my room, I put on my makeup. I put on a thick line of black liner on my lower lash line, and a thick line on my eyelid with liquid eyeliner. Then I put on my mascara. My straightener was finally hot enough, so I straightened my hair. It was 7:40. We had to leave in five minutes. I went to my closet to find my big biker boots. After I put those on, I grabbed my bookbag and headed out to the car. I never rode the bus to school; Mom always drove me. 

     I was beyond nervous as I walked through the front doors. It wasn't my first time here, but I was still crazy nervous. I walked over to my group of friends, Gwendolyn, Idalia, Thalia, Nina, Adelia, and Penny. They were all huddled together gossiping about cute high school boys. I felt a little out of place standing there in all black while they were dressed like they had hot dates. They didn't really even acknowledge that I was there, except Thalia, she started talking to me. She wasn't as nervous because she was only an 8th grader, so this was nothing new to her. 

     After standing around for about ten minutes, the first bell rang and I was headed to homeroom to get my schedule. I sat down in homeroom beside Gwendolyn and Xavier. We got our class schedules and compared them. I had no classes with Gwendolyn or Xavier which sucked. The bell for first block rang and I headed to Health class. Luckily, health and science went by fast and we finally got to lunch. Today was apparently taco day. I ate my lunch with my friends and boyfriend and barely said a word the entire time. 

    Xavier and I stood in the hallway to hang out for the rest of lunch. We were just talking and laughing when someone pushed me. 

     "Well someone looks depressed today. Why don't you just go cut yourself in the bathroom."

     Great, Evangeline, or Eve for short. She didn't say anything else, just walked away with her posse. 

     I buried my head in Xavier's chest. "Where you not gonna say anything?"

     "No, she's my friend, why would I?"

     "I don't know, nevermind." 

     I was so done with today already. I didn't even really pay attention in my classes the rest of the day. I just focused on wanting to go home. I actually fell asleep in my first day of Algebra 2. 

     When the last bell of the day rang, I went straight to the bus; I didn't even bother saying goodbye to Xavier. I sat in my seat and popped in my headphones. They first thing that came on was "Knives and Pens" by Black Veil Brides, which was just what I needed. Listening to Andy's voice usually made me feel better. 

     When I got home, I kicked off my boots and plopped down on my bed. I was in the perfect song writing mood, so that's what I did all evening without even a food break. I ended up falling asleep with my journal in my hands. 

     What I dreamed about was everything Eve had ever done or said to me..