9: Cataclysm Rose

We made our way into the dark corridors of the Fate, we noticed things were different. There were Galarians crawling on the walls around us that haven't noticed us yet.

"Quiet. Maybe we can sneak by." Stephanie whispered.

As we crouched our way through the corridors, avoiding every ugly faced Galarian that came our way, Atemis stepped on a discarded piece of scrap metal. Hearing this, the bugs came by the bunches.

"SHIT! OUR COVER'S BLOW!" I yelled as I pulled my S15 assault rifle from my back and prepared to open fire. "Atemis! Call down the elevator!"

As Atemis pushed the button and we hoped for the elevator to still come down. We fired upon the swarm of Garlarians that came to surround us.

We fought long and hard. I fired my assault rifle on any bug that passed my sights. I kept doing this until I saw the smoke rise up from my gun and the click that told me that my magazine was empty. When I noticed this, I quickly grabbed another clip from my belt; also my last. As I loaded the box into my gun and primed it to fire again, I let yet another burst of death from gun fly out onto the crowd of Galarians. About ten more Galarians had been killed by my gun until Stephanie said:

"THE ELEVATOR'S HERE!!!"

As the three of us ran onboard the elevator, we were relieved until realized that a larger threat would await on the bridge: Equinox.

We reached the bridge, we ran out to search the area and sure enough, Equinox was right there.

"You humans are certainly persistent. I will give you that." Equinox said as he turned to us; the Cataclypse in his hand.

"Your terror ends here." Atemis said stepping up. "You two stay behind me."

"You're going to challenge me? A Destroyer?" Equinox chuckled. "You should've tried to run."

With this, equinox began to dash toward Atemis and hit him in the pelvis. Luckily, Atemis' suit seemed to absorb most of the strike. After he retaliated from the strike, he lunged at Equinox to tackle him to he ground. This caused the cataclepse to fly out his claw-covered hand.

"Catch it!" Atemis yelled.

As the circular device flew through the air, I jumped to catch it; ignoring my own safety. As I caught it and landed on the floor, the structure collapsed and I fell to an area below. My leg twisting in the process. I looked around, and I got up. I rejoiced; the Cataclypse hadn't been damaged in the process.

"I'm okay!" I yelled above me.

As I said this, Equinox landed from the hole above me.

"Hand over the Cataclpse and I promise that your death will quick and ALMOST painless." He warned me.

I limped back into a corner. As my back hit the wall I knew I was doomed. I pulled out my handgun as a last resort. But it didn't aim it at Equinox, I aimed it at the Cataclypse.

"Stay back! Or we all die!" I yelled.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Insolent rat!" Do you really think your little threat is enough to frighten me?!" He replied, ignorin my comment as he walked precariously forward. He raised his arm to strike a final blow to me.

Suddenly, a small anti-matter charge rolled from the hole above us and stopped at Equinox's feet. As he looked down, it exploded; and flung him to the wall across the room.

"A-Atemis...you...vile...wretch..." Equinox said as he clutched his side that was disintegrating into blue dust.

Just then, Atemis landed in the room.

"Every sentient being in the Universe deserves freedom." Atemis said. "I'm sorry you were too blind to see that... Lord Equinox...The Alterian..."

"Alterian..." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry that my father Artemis had to discard you from our kingdom..." Atemis continued. "I'm so sorry."

After he finished this, he pulled one last anti-matter charge and put it up it Equinox's head.

"Goodbye." He said.

As he said this, the charge exploded and the rest of Equinox's exploded in a flash of bright blue light.

"Are you okay?" Atemis asked me as he extended a hand.

"I'm fine." I replied; ignoring his hand.

"Guys!" Stephanie yelled. "The rest of the team has called in a dropship because the Stratos is glassing Primus VII!"

"Shit." I said.

Atemis, picked me up, attached the Cataclypse to his suit and we were off.

________________________________________________________

As we reached Tyson, Sean, and Fex; I wondered where Unia was.

"Where's Unia?" I asked Fex.

"She...The Galarians took her and...ripped her neck out..." Fex replied with a heavy heart.

"Oh...She will be with us in spirit..."Atemis said.

"The crew on the Stratos notified me that they have stopped the Batarians on the ship. They Want us to haul our asses back their." Tyson said.

As he said this, we saw our dropship approach from above us. Suddenly, Stephanie's words from before popped into my head:

"Trinity...Its okay to show your scars. You don't have to hide behind a fake ass cover up all the time..."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

T/C:

That's the end of the regular book.

However, there is still the epilogue and the alternate ending this chapter and the alternate epilogue.

I love this book. I hope you all did too.

-ProCrow