6: Long Road To Nowhere

As I was shot down to the surface of Primus VII, I knew that I was going to face heavy resistance...alone...

But I was prepared...

My shuttle landed in a very snowy area of Primus VII, a blizzard in progress.

As I stepped out of my pod and my boots crushed the ankle deep snow below me, I spoke to my helmet:

"Bring up temperature outside." I said.

"Temperature outside is twenty-one degrees," the computerized voice said to me. "And is currently dropping. Immediate shelter is advised."

As I heard this, I knew that my suit wouldn't last long in the cold in the cold. I grabbed my C56 shotgun that picked up from a guard on the Stratos and began the long trek to nowhere.

"Zeta Team, come in." I said over my comm link, not knowing if I would even get an answer.

"Commander?" I heard Fex say in a whispered voice.

"Yeah it's me. Now look, I'm not sure what, but the Inquisitor is hiding something from us..." I said.

I heard Fex's footsteps as he walked away from whoever he was around and their voices became muffled.

"What do you need me to do?" Fex said. I was glad he was loyal to me.

"I need you to keep a close eye on him. And report to me."

"Yes commander. Although you should know that General Talos has ordered us to hunt you down."

"Okay. I'll keep in touch. Rose out." I said as I shut my comm off.

As I continued forward, I noticed movement in front of me. It was a Batarian patrol. They hadn't noticed me yet, so I decided to duck down and avoid a fight.

"That was smart of you." I heard a familiar voice say to me.

As I turned around, I saw Atemis stand behind me in full armor.

"How did-" I asked.

"I saw you pod come from the sky." He replied. "You mustn't stay here. It's too dangerous."

As we began sneak away from the small Batarian patrol, Atemis spoke to me.

"Why are you back here?" he asked.

"I was court-marshaled." I began. "I called Inquisitor Klax out when I knew he was hiding something for us."

"Hmmm...I agree. Something is missing from what he is telling us."

I knew that my team that I once commanded was on their way to hunt me down. I needed Atemis' help.

"Atemis." I said.

"Yes?"

"I need your help in taking down the Inquisitor."

He looked at me through his helmet. "And how am I supposed to help?"

"Well, my team is on their way now to hunt me down and capture me. I need you as a witness at my trail; that is...if they just immediately execute me."

He looked like he was pondering for a second. Finally, he began to speak.

"Okay...I will-"

Suddenly a gust of snow and wind covered us. As we looked to the source, we saw a U.S.C.F. shuttle landing not too far from us. As the hatched opened, I saw Tyson, Fex, and Unia step out.

"STOP RIGHT THERE ROSE!!!" I heard Tyson yell as he located me and pointed his assault rifle at me. I also saw Fex and Unia walk over to Atemis and myself.