CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

It was almost seven thirty when I woke up, so I guaranteed that I would be late for class. Knowing that running would not make me "not late" for school, I took my time. I would get there earlier of course, but I would still be marked as late.

I was nearby the school when an old green car with a wacko driver ran outside the speed limit. That was not all. It was moving too close to the sidewalk. I was scared that it might run over me so I immediately moved away. My hand was on my chest, feeling my heartbeat. I got so nervous and my breathing was far from normal. The car stopped in front of me. The rabbit girl went down the car.

"What the heck?! You want to give me a heart attack?" I exclaimed, looking at her and her dad.

The dad ignored me and said to his daughter, "Hurry, you'll be late. Go and take care."

"Yes dad. I will. Bye!" She responded, looking at her dad. The father's look at her daughter was so calm and gentle but then when he turned his eyes to me, it became vicious.

The girl's dad left immediately after. She turned to me, grabbed my arm and pulled me to the school's direction.

"We have to hurry or we'll be late!" She said as she dragged me.

"We are already late." I replied, stopping her from running.

"Ugh. It's only the third day of school and we already have a late."

I did not respond since I knew I would probably be late tomorrow and the next day.

"What do we do now?" She asked, looking so down. It was the first time I saw her not wearing a smile. I witnessed that without her smile, she seemed like an Emo girl considering that her hair was exceedingly dark and it covered about half of her face.

"Just calm down and walk normal."

She exhaled then said, "Okay." We walked normally. I noticed that she still has not let go of my hand. I think she forgot.

"Hey. Could you let go?"

She looked at our hands and realized that she was still holding mine. "Oops. Sorry about that." She apologized and then released it immediately. "I'm really sorry!" She said, not turning to me because she was embarrassed.

"It's no big deal." I replied.

She didn't say anything. I looked at her while we were walking and saw that she still wasn't smiling.

"Where did your smile go?" I asked.

"Oh. Sorry, I was thinking of something." She answered, looking at me. She displayed her smile, and her dimple appeared. I was suddenly shy and looked away after seeing her dimple on her left cheek. I couldn't tell if she had a dimple on her right cheek since her hair was covering it. I found her dimple very cute.

"What are you thinking of?"

"I'm thinking how my classmates will react when I enter the room."

Oh brother... She's new to being late. I thought.

"Believe me, they'll just ignore you."

"But the teacher might ask me why I'm late. I'm a new student; this could surely ruin my reputation." She said, frowning.