CHAPTER TWO

PROMOTE, VOTE, FAN/ FOLLOW THANK YOU :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER TWO

The light faded and darkness began to form, covering my eyes with the shadows. As the mist thickened and dusk revealed, the forest was not at all pleasant during the night. Critters vanished from my sight, leaving only trees and moss beneath my feet. The sound of insects humming, replaced with the creaking of branches and wind blowing the leaves.

Everything was so still, as still as the museum during the night. I hopped here and there, probably everywhere. I hopped lithely, sidestepping the trees in my path. I leaped over fallen twigs, landing on my feet silently. I searched for my way home, twitching my nose continuously in every direction. I am a rapid white fuzzy bunny, furry and rounded in shape, with long floppy ears and a fluffy tail.

I made my way to my home. As I was about to enter the hole, a snake blocked my path. The snake snarled and then attacked me. Good thing I was agile, so I was able to dodge and hop away to the opposite direction. The snake quickly slithered to chase me. I bounced and the serpent slithered.

We travelled a long straight path in the forest until I have forgotten my way back. I was very frightened and I knew in my self that if I stumbled, it would surely be the end for me. I confused the snake by running in circles and turning in different directions. I saw a small opening underneath the trunk of a tree, so I hid there for quite a while.

I waited and waited until the snake had crossed in front of me. I was surprised and fell two steps back, touching the other end though, I did not make any noise. I shivered in fear as I observed if the evil snake would notice me. The eyes of the snake were filled with malice and hatred.

When the snake was at last, gone, I paused for a while before I made a big run for it. I sneaked out and walked away very quietly. I took tiny steps as if I was crawling baby. By accident, I stepped on a tiny twig, which made a noise. The snake heard and chased after me again. I panicked and ran to a corner by mistake. Trapped and unable to move, the snake snarled and lassoed around me. The serpent widened its mouth to eat the helpless little me.

When all hope was lost, a stone was thrown to fend off the snake. The snake did not release me immediately. Another stone was thrown directly to the snake’s head. After that, it released me and approached the person who threw the stone at it. I ran back under the small opening under the tree and let the human take care of the evil snake. I was hiding when I heard it hiss

All I could do was to believe that it would soon be over.

My surroundings began to grow silent. I knew that it was safe to come out but for a reason, I stayed. I felt more secured hiding, and out there were more scary creatures. I was hearing footsteps. I stepped backward and closed my eyes. The human approached me and called out.

“Hello…” She was a girl with a soprano voice. I stayed hidden because I did not know whether she would kill me or protect me.  Again the girl spoke. “Hey. What are you doing here?” The harmony of her voice was really relaxing, as if she was singing out the words that came out of her mouth. “Wake up.”

I felt someone poking my knee. I realized that I have already fallen asleep. I opened my eyes to see a girl beside, staring at me. She was very cute. The girl had an oval shaped face, which I could barely see because her dark shiny, medium length hair was swept to one side, thus covering it. Her sparkling emerald colored eyes were spaced evenly apart below her trimmed highly arched eyebrows. Her eyelashes were long, heavy, and dashing. Her nose was up-turned like a child’s. She had a sweet natural smile that displayed her dimples below her large cheeks. She also looked very young. If I didn’t see her uniform, I would have thought she was in grade school.