Chapter Ten: Emma

Waking up, I was still extremely full from eating Thanksgiving dinner the previous night. I didn't even want any breakfast.

I got my phone off the nightstand and called Austin, to see if he was awake. When he answered, I was met with his excited voice, instead of sleepy.

"Well good morning to you too," I laughed.

"Good morning, Emma!" He laughed.

"Have you gotten any sleep?!" I asked, smiling.

"I sure haven't! I was with Alex all last night and he's still here, but I wanted to take you out on a date, so I'm willing to ditch him." I laughed.

"As long as you don't fall asleep in the middle of it," I said.

"Of course I won't! Why would I sleep when school is almost back? I have to spend every second to the max." He laughed.

"Alright then, what should I wear?" I asked.

"Don't dress up, go casual," he said, "this one is gonna be a surprise."

"Alright, I'll see you in a little while," I said said, hanging up.

Going over to my closet, I got one of the cute shirts I had gotten from Rue with Ivy out. I put on jeans and red vans. I got Austin's letterman jacket out and put it on, since he left it over the other day.

I pulled my hair back over the jacket into a ponytail. Grabbing my phone, I went downstairs where Austin's red car was waiting for me outside. Luckily, my parents weren't in there so I didn't have to deal with them.

Getting into the car, I was really curious as to where he was taking me this time. We had basically been everywhere. Although every place was fun when you were with Austin.

Pretty soon, my question was answered as we pulled up at the zoo. I was so excited to see all of the animals.

Walking in, I found a map that I followed directly to the penguins. They were my main priority.

"Austin! Look!" I said, pointing at them through the glass.

"I remembered how you said you wanted to see penguins at the petting zoo, so I called and made sure the penguins would be out when we came." He said, smiling at me.

"You are the absolute best!" I said, hugging him.

I then continued to stare at the penguins until they all waddled out of sight. Austin laughed at me as I pouted.

"Come on babe, I'm sure there's a lot more animals worth seeing," he said.

We walked through the park looking at the animals before seeing a giant dinosaur sculpture ahead. Upon getting closer, we found that there was a dinosaur exhibit and even a prehistoric bird show about to start.

"Oh no," I said.

"What?" Austin said, looking at me.

"Hasn't anyone seen Jurassic Park? Making dinosaurs is Not a good idea!" I said.

"It was just a movie," Austin said, "and besides, all they've made so far is birds."

"Well, do you want to see the show?" I asked.

"Heck yeah!" He yelled.

We went to the show and walked down the bleachers to sit on the right side, looking down at the stage. I checked my watch to see what time it was, but a red headed girl stepped onstage to begin.

Another woman soon joined her, and they began their skit based on all of the different types of birds and animals from the past.

What surprised me the most was how trained the birds were. At one point, the red-headed girl let this really big bird fly up to the top of the stands, over everyone's heads. I ducked when it flew up as it landed on the top row.