Chapter 8.

I was six years old and I was upstairs in my room having a tea party with some of my dolls while wearing my favourite ballerina outfit which mum could not get me to take off, even with the amount of persuading she had put into it.

Mum and dad were down in the garden building a wendy house for me, I had wanted one for ages so dad finally caved in and had bought all of the stuff and started to build it. With the help of mum of course I mean we couldn't trust him, for starters when he was looking at the instructions he had them upside down.

I don't know how long it had been but it was getting dark usually mum and dad came inside early because they said it was too dangerous to be out late at night just in case there're any strangers wondering through the woods, This was their way of keeping me safe from rouge who had been getting through the pack's borders a lot recently. I knew a bit about wolves seeing as mum and dad were always talking to me about them, they wanted me to know about everything from a young age so I wound understand it all by the time it came around to my first shift.

Anyway I was still playing upstairs in my room when I heard a loud bang of a door slamming from downstairs followed by footsteps pounding up the stairs towards my room.

"Jamie" My mother said after bursting into my room "quick you need to come with me now!" she said grabbing my upper arm and pulling me from my room down the stairs to the door which led to the basement.

"Mummy where's dad?" I asked getting scared now.

"Don't worry about that now we'll be back soon I just need you to stay down here and wait for me or daddy to come and get you promise me you won't leave this room until one of us comes to get you" She said sounding serious as she led me down into the basement, where there was a camp bed, a fridge, some cupboards, books, and toys al in case we had to hide.

"Promise" I said quietly realising I would have to stay down here on my own, I hadn't done that before.

"We love you" Mum said before shutting the door and locking it from the outside. I'm not exactly how long I was down there but I must have fallen asleep because I remember being woken up as someone strong gently picked me up off of the camp bed. I opened my eyes to see the Alpha of our pack carrying me from the basement.

"Shh Jamie go back to sleep" He said in a soft voice trying to soothe me back to sleep, I could feel myself starting to drift back to sleep but I wanted to see my mum and dad so I fought against it.

"Mummy! Daddy!" I said a little louder trying to look around for them but the Alpha's hand gently pushed my head into the crook of his neck so I couldn't see anything.

"No Jamie you don't need to see" He said trying to calm me down however, what he said had me panicking a little more that and the smell of blood coming from the safe haven I called home. We made our way outside and soon enough we were in the back of a car, heading to who knows where.

"Where's mummy?" I asked, I didn't want to leave, I wanted mum to give me a bath and wash my hair like she normally dies. I wanted dad to sit and read me a story whilst I nibbled on a biscuit he snuck upstairs without mum realising.

"Jamie shh go to sleep I will explain everything in the morning" The Alpha said whilst I remained on his lap.

"No I'm not sleepy—" I said already starting to fall into a deep sleep.

The next thing I remember is waking up in my Aunt's house it was still dark outside, I could see the moon shining through the window I looked around and saw that I was in the bedroom that I usually stayed in when I went to visit. I was still wearing my ballerina outfit, I made my way to the kitchen where my Aunt, Uncle and the Alpha were sat talking in hushed voices, and they all looked really tired. My Aunt and Uncle were sat in the dressing gowns and slippers, the Alpha was just in a pair of jeans, and a t-shirt which looked really dirty.

After that everything seemed to blurr into one my Aunt, Uncle and the Alpha sat me down and explained that some rouges had attacked my mother and father and had suffered some serious injuries which had resulted in them dying. When I managed to calm down a little from crying I did ask why is happened but they said I was too young and wouldn't understand so they would explain when I was older.

After that I moved in with my Aunt and Uncle, the Alpha came around every so often to check up on me, apparently after a shock or traumatic even your wold can find you early or before you are ready. They would often ask me if I different or if I could hear a voice in my head. I could but it was faint. I just told them all I was fine, I didn't want any fuss. I really wanted to be left alone because it was my parents who I wanted to talk to about my wolf.

At my parent's funeral I broke down, I could hear the voice a lot clearer the more upset I became. I started to panic which made me cry harder. At my Aunt's house that night the voice spoke to me about what had happened and told me things I couldn't understand but one of the things she said made me stop crying and pay attention. 'They wanted you. You were too young to protect yourself, I would have helped but it was the wrong time' That meant my parents dies for me, she let them die...

I decided then and there I didn't want anything to do with wolves I told 'the voice' to leave and that I didn't want her. Of course this was serious and she put up a fight but in the end she just disappeared, the next day my Aunt told me we would be moving so we could have a fresh start. I didn't mind one bit, however I wondered about my home, and what would happen to everything.

"Well everything will go into storage, and the house would be sold, and when you are sixteen you will have access to everything" My Aunt said explaining everything, apparently my parents had all of this planned just in case anything were to happen to them. This meant I wouldn't have to worry about anything.

.....

When I turned fourteen my Aunt and Uncle told me the reason as to why it happened that day, the rouges had wanted me. I had guessed that much from what my wolf had told me all of those years ago. The rouges would take children at a young age, train them to fight, and kill, they would then use them in their wars against other packs.

Just thinking about it made me feel sick, I was happy that my parents had stopped it from happening; however, I knew that by doing so I would never see them again. I also discovered that some of the rouges had managed to get away as my parents were greatly outnumbered. This angered me, but I reminded myself about the decision I made all those years ago I pushed all of those thoughts away and got on with school, and discovered my love of art and pushed myself into my dancing even more.

I wanted to pursue dancing as a career it being the only thing I had ever wanted to do, so I challenged myself to learn a variety of different genres of dance and mastering each one. Which is how I came across Tyler and the rest of Storm we all got along straight away each one of us taking to one another like a family, with me being the youngest they all protected my from everything. I felt safe, loved, wanted and from that we pushed ourselves to become the best.

.....

So that is what happened, and why I don't want anything to do with my wolf. And why I was so reluctant to give you guys a chance when we first met" I said looking at Nate and Thomas who both wore shocked expressions at my story. None of us said anything for a while we just sat and watched each other I guess they were letting it all sink in, I was waiting for their reaction. I just hoped they understood....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter for you! I hope you are enjoying reading my story. I am currently edditing, changing, and rewritting a few parts so please bare with me.

I have gone over this chapter but if there are any mistakes let me know and I will fix them.

Thanks again for reading, all the votes and comments! <3