Chapter Six: Price

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated for a while. My nan recently passed away and she meant a lot to me. And, my kitten, Sully, who I seriously cannot live without, broke his growth plate. And it will cost 1,500 dollars and more to fix him, and it's not guaranteed that it will work, or that he'll survive, so my parents aren't sure if they'll go through with it. But, they don't want me to lose another important loved one, so they are hesitant. I'm really not in my best state at the moment. Every time I try to be happy, I'll begin to cry, because I will think about all the times I smiled with my nan and with my kitten.

Comment.

Vote.

Sorry It's short.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Her eyes were closed, the sun drifting across her face, highlighting her perfect features. She was truly beautiful. She'd make a wonderful angel."

The man nodded, his white beard bobbing as he did. His henchman, Jason had visited the hospital yesterday, The one with the girl of interest. She should have passed three days ago, but she was holding onto something. He crossed his arms and sighed.

"I know, but she is wanted on Earth. That boy, he loves her. Too much, for us to take her away. He is going insane, thinking about her, and what he would do without her And, she would not have had the chance to tell him how she feels. Tragic, I suppose. It would make a great love story."

"So should I wake her up?" Jason asked, tapping his pen on his clipboard, impatiently. Nodding, the man walked over to his throne.

"Being god is so difficult, we must find a replacement. Or death will not be pleased. He will go on a hunt for the girl. Pick another, With a hopeless life. Someone with nothing to live for."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her eyes fluttered open. The bright blue, brightening up the dull hospital room. Alfie sat in the seat in the corner, the soft sunlight hitting his face. Looking around the room, she seemed to realise. She smiled and screamed in relief.

"ALFIE!" Yelling, at her love, he woke up suddenly, jumping a foot in the air, before screaming her name in return.

"ZOE! You're awake. This isn't a dream? It's real. Please say it's real." He said, cupping her face in his hands, tears beginning in his eyes.

"It's real Alfie. This is real" As they hugged the both of them cried with joy. Their lips found their way to each other, as if they were magnetic. The slightest touch sent fireworks, tingling alone the couple's skin.

                                                                                *~*

Outside, a storm was brewing. The clouds were a dark purple, grumbling in frustration. The wind was wild and untamed. London had never seen a storm like this. The park was dark, for the streetlights had blown. The power was out all over the city. The cries of countless pedestrians as the cars stopped abruptly in front of them. All around, the air was cold. Through the scarves and beanies, you could feel it. 

"Did you see -"

"-the wind it-"

"-like a hand-"

"-took a girl-"

The whispers of the citizens, set a warm buzz in the air. The desperate screams of a mother sounded throughout the square.

Gone, from Earth, was a child. For, there is always a price to pay.