Camping

"Can't we find an easier way up?" Connor complained as we climbed up the gorge wall. "I mean we this thing is half a mile. Couldn't we find a way around?"

"Oh, stop complaining, we all hate it." Will said.

"But..." Connor said.

"Shut up and climb." I yelled down moving over on the ledge and bending down holding out my hand for Will to grab. He looked at me almost confused, but he grabbed my hand and I yanked him up on the ledge with me. "We're almost there, look." I said bending down grabbing Connor's hand. "I think I can fly us up the rest of the way."

"No!" Will said forcefully. "No more using your wind power for the rest of the day. You need to get your energy back. We can climb the rest of the way." I just rolled my eyes.

It took us another half an hour to climb the rest of the way, and once we reached the top we collapsed on the ground in exhaustion. "Let's camp for the night." I said. "It's almost night time, and we are all super exhausted."

"I agree." Will and Connor said together.

"I'll set up the tent." I said getting up, but Connor pulled me back down. "What? We need to set up the tent."

"Let us do it. You did enough today." Will said getting up with Connor.

"We'll put it up together. I'm not the only one who just climbed nearly a mile up a ledge." I said getting up and pulling out the poles from the backpack. We were all silent as we put up the three person tent, but when it was finally set up I started putting the sleeping bags in while Connor and Will went to look for wood.

At sat along the edge of the cliff looking as the sun started setting. The colors that danced across the sky were so amazing that I didn't even realize that someone sat down next to me. "My dad's showing off again." Will said looking at the sunset too.

"Well, I feel like my dad is a little responsible too." I mumbled. "I'm just surprised we can see the sky, in the last couple of weeks my father has been furious making storm clouds everywhere he must be in a better mood."

We sat in silence listening to Connor behind us swearing in Greek as he tried to start the fire. "I'm sure someone will find the bolt. It's not our job, our job is to find the staff."

"You mean my job, you guys are just here because I asked for help because I'm to weak to find it myself." I sighed.

"Even the most powerful demigods need help. Besides you may be the leader of this quest but this is just as much our quest as it is yours." Will said harshly.

"Curse this fire wood!" Connor yelled behind us.

I just sighed and stood up and grabbed the matches from Connor. Striking the match and lighting the dried grass below it, and I quickly started blowing on it to make the fire grow until the fire was self going. Standing up I gave Connor an exasperated look. "They didn't teach how to light a fire at Camp?" I asked.

"They did, but Travis and I were always stealing others people survival stuff." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "How do you know how to start a fire."

"I was a girl scout for five years. Hestia insisted I was one for some god forsaken reason. I guess she knew I would need it when I knew I was demigod. Good thing too because if not we would be fireless." I smirked. "You would think a son of the sun would know how to make a fire."

"My father is the god of the sun, not the god of fire." Will protedfdsted, which in turn just made me roll my eyes.

"Well, whose father gave them the ability to cook because I'm hungry." I mumbled riffling through one of the salvaged packs. "We have some dried fruit, granola, beef jerky, and m&m's."