Chapter 1: Project partners...

Chapter 1:

Armin's P.O.V.

An annoying knock on my bedroom door startled me awake and I jolted up, knocking the sheets off of my body and landing on my elbow on the hardwood floor. "Ow!" I cried out, I laid still for a moment to try and block out the pain. It worked for a second but another sharp pain could be felt around the area, I sighed at my clumsiness.

"Armin! Are you okay?!" Shouted a voice through my bedroom door, I could recognise that voice anywhere. It was Eren, my extremely hot and lovable best friend. I sighed to myself and stood quiet for a minute to recollect my thoughts before responding.

"Yeah, I just fell." I looked up at the clock which rested on my dark oak nightstand, it's 6:43, class starts at 8:45. I groaned in pain when I rolled on my side to push myself off of the floor, the door swung open and Eren walked into the room quickly and kneeled before me. "Sorry, it's just I don't want to be late again."

"Hey, we were only late because of you." I said wiping my eyes and stretching, out of the corner of my left eye, I could see Eren gawking at me.

"Whatever, your grandparent isn't home again so I let myself in. I'll make you something to eat, just-get ready."

"Oka-"

"And please, don't slip in the shower again. I already don't trust you walking down the stairs, next thing you know I won't trust you to shower alone." My cheeks flush a light pink as Eren playfully winked. I rolled my eyes as he exited my room with a laugh and headed towards my kitchen, I sighed and shook my head at his overprotective behaviour and his teasing. I pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans with my favourite powder blue hoodie, black converse and a clean pair of boxers, I quickly stripped down bare once I had entered the bathroom. I turned the water to a warm setting and washed my body with a honey and sea salt body bar my grandpa had order for me, I used the same scent for shampoo before rinsing off completely and stepping out of the shower. I dried my body off and quickly dressed myself with the clothes I brought, I walked towards the sink and brushed my teeth throughly and washed my face, I messed with my hair for a few minutes to flatten it down before exiting the bathroom. I slowly descended down the stairs because I had in fact fallen in the shower. Although I had fallen with grace this time, meaning I didn't hit the floor as hard. When I walked into the kitchen I saw Eren laying out my plate, it was a considerable amount of food, although to me it seemed like a mountain. I smiled thankfully but stared at the eggs and toast as if it was a something godlike, Eren laughed before leaning on the counter and staring at me. "You alright there? You wore that same expression when you saw me shirtless-"

"No no no...we don't bring that up." Eren started laughing, once again throwing the fact that I liked him in my face. I rolled my eyes and ate as much as I could before giving the rest to Eren, who happily ate. I chuckled as we began to walk towards his car which lead us into the Trost district, which is where our school was located. "Hey, Eren?" I asked as he began to drive, he was sucking on a lollipop and drumming the pads of his fingers against the steering wheel.

"Yeah." He said pulling the lollipop from his mouth and resting his elbow on the door.

"Have you chosen which project you'll be doing for Global History and Geography class?" I asked resting my head in the closed window, he shrugged his shoulders.

"Nah, I haven't given it any thought. What about you?"

"The Ocean!" I said in a loud tone, my hands clapped together as images of the ocean played in my mind. You see, I've never been to the ocean or have even gotten the chance to go because of my financial situation; but I love it anyways. I looked over at Eren who wore a soft smile as he stared head, carefully weaving in and out between cars that went too slow. "What?" I asked as I took this chance to look at his perfect features, I might like him and all but I'll never try anything. Even if sometimes he will make a move, I don't want to ruin our perfect friendship.