Chapter 19. Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Chapter 19: Sean

"Mom do I really have to go to rehab? Why can't I just conquer school in crutches?" I called out from the living room couch.

It was Friday morning. I had been going to rehab for my ankle for all of winter break. My ankle was healing well, but I was still being forced to go even though I was functional. Not so much fun, you see because the physical therapist has decided to make my life hell and do workouts. She never fails to send me home tired, sweating and feeling really out of shape.

"Yes. Because I said so Sean! Also, no you can't high school has STAIRS! You'll be late to classes and there are no exceptions. Accept it, Sean." Mom was getting ready for work. I hobbled over towards her and wrapped my arms around my mother.

"Mommy dearest. Please do not send me to that hell hole!" I exclaimed. Mom chuckled a bit before breaking the hug and grabbing her purse.

"Don't use that language young lady." My mom giggled. She signaled for me to follow. We walked out of the house and I locked the door closing it behind me.

I had a lot of stress in my life lately. Junior had given me a box. I have been scared to open it so it lays wrapped nicely no intent to open it on my bed side table. Along with a picture of Kay, Junior, and Me all smiling out on the playground in 4th grade. I remembered those times. We used to play house and Junior was always the dad. Kay and I of course switched roles from mother to daughter to aunt to grandmother to previous girlfriend. We made sure to keep our 'house' life dramatic.

"Mom. When I graduate-" I got out before getting cut off.

"You are going to that college in Pine River. You'll get all your degrees move away and be a vet in a big city. Sean, you have it all. You've maintained your grades well enough to get in Pine River University." She hurriedly got out before turning on the radio and turning into the driveway of the Rehabilitation Center

"Mom have you ever asked me what I wanted. I am pleasing you. I will go there but why are you rushing me away?" Staring out the window, I almost imagined myself as a flightless bird. Yet, I was a flight bird. Being rushed away by my own parents.

"Sean it's not that we are rushing you ,baby girl. We just don't want you to make a mistake and not go to college. Your bright and pretty." The classic mom got caught now let's compliment Sean card.

"Whatever mom." I said opening my door climbing out of the car and walking straight toward the doors of the Center.

Great, workouts are going to kick my butt today. I was still sore from the last 4 days!

"Hello may I help you." The check in lady said.

"Sean McFair." I said.

She logged me in and gave me my key card.

I walked back towards the weight room. Oh gosh there was my coach.

I opened the doors and immediately regretted it. Stupid ankle would pay some day for making me do this.

"Sean your late." Tara said.

"I'm sorry. My mom and I got in a semi fight?" I tried to explain

"No excuses get to work." Tara demanded

I walked to the treadmill.

Task 1: Walk a mile.

As I started walking all I could think about was Junior. I needed to know what was in that box. Yet I didn't want to know because I didn't want to get caught up in it again. I started school again Monday. No way in heck I could open the box look inside and not care by Monday.