27. I'm Not The Only One

Harry stares blankly at me for some seconds before he's able to utter a word.

"H-h-how did that happen?"

"Well, just before I went home for Christmas, Niall and I..." I leave the sentence hanging in the air, knowing Harry doesn't need me to finish it; "I was supposed to get my period a week before Christmas, but I didn't" I sigh, "I tried not to think about it because it had happened before: when I'm stressed, or mentally tired, I just... don't. But then January came and I still didn't get it, and I've been having all these symptoms, I... I don't know what to think"

"But you haven't taken any test?"

I shake my head.

"Not yet"

"Were you cautious?"

"Yes" I sigh.

Harry sighs as well.

"What,... What does Niall think of all this?"

I lift my sight to answer, when I see Harry is dead serious. Shit, he thinks Niall knows. 

Well, since he is the dad, it's a normal thing to think you have already told him

But I haven't.

"We're both trying to figure it out" I mumble looking away, "Don't tell him I told you, though. We want to keep it a secret until it's all clear, but... Niall can't buy the pregnancy test. I mean, he could, but if he got caught, you can imagine how crazy the media would go, and... I know this may be asking too much, but could you please...?"

"... Buy you the pregnancy test?" Harry finishes.

I nod, embarrassed. I never thought it would be this difficult.

"Sure" Harry says with a smile.

I shyly smile back.

"Thank you" I whisper, afraid maybe someone else could have heard this conversation.

"You're welcome" he answers in the same tone, and we both chuckle.

We pick 'The Notebook' to watch, but fall asleep halfway through the movie. When the time of going to sleep comes, Harry walks me to my room, but doesn't mention the big news. I think it's one of the things I like most about him: he knows when and when not to talk. An ability not every member of this band has (and we are all thinking of Louis here).

I say goodbye with a smile, and enter the bedroom.

I brush my teeth, and lay down on the bed. I feel so much better having it shared with Harry. Maybe I have nothing to worry about. I mean, we didn't use protection, but I'm on the pill. That should be enough. Yeah, but it's been two months and a half since Little Red Riding Hood visited.

I shake my head, trying not to think about it, and trying to fall asleep. It would be stupid if Niall came back and found me awake. I think about Liam's tattoo: Only time will tell. That's right, I can't worry about it now. Time will tell. Only time will tell.

And with that thought still lingering on my mind, I fall asleep.

A knock on the door wakes me up the next morning.

I bat my eyes and walk to it, shaking my head and opening the door.

"Morning" Sally greets me, "Wake Niall and get ready, we're leaving to the airport in half an hour"