We. Part 6

Well, what can I say, what can I do, nothing that's what, absolutely nothing. Somewhere deep down I knew it to be the case, but like everyone else, I was too scared to admit to the truth, to the horror of the truth, I mean who would want to. The moment I saw that terrible Zee make his way into my hospital room, I knew it was the end for me, I just didn't expect to live, to be aware beyond that moment, if live is what I am doing now? It was the hate in the eyes of the man called Nate, as he said 'Shut your moaning, Zee' that was the moment I understood, when I admitted to the truth.

Now I'm here, locked away in a grey walled cell, with no windows to look out of, the door is windowless to; it's just sheet metal, not even a hatch to pass food through. The floor is bare concrete with dried black blood stains. Above me I could see a dim caged bulkhead light bulb and a small square of mess, ventilation I guessed, all on a yellow, flaking, stippled surface. Bracketed in the top corner is a small black camera, it doesn't move, even when I do, the cell is small enough for it to easily cover every point. They were watching me, but for what reason, why didn't they just put me out of my misery, I wouldn't have blamed them. It's all so very depressing.

I don't know how long I've been here to be honest; I have slept several times since I arrived. If you can call it sleep, I can never remember falling asleep, I don't dream and when I wake it's more like I've been switch on, blackness and then instant light of consciousness. Each time I wake I find a freshly killed animal by the door. The first time had been a cat and then dogs from then on. I felt physically sick, but I still ate them, I still ripped them apart and chewed at their innards, I had no choice, my Zee-self gave me no choice. Since my revelation, since I accepted the truth of what I now was, I have thought upon everything that had happened since I had been attacked by the Zee. In the panic of the mayhem I had awoken into, I had run, or more accurately, my Zee self, let's call me Greg, let's call my alternate self, Rabid, had run. Rabid had given chase to Miss Athletic with the intent of killing and eating her. With each turn of events it had been Rabid who had reacted, not me, not Greg. I hadn't realized, I blindly assumed I had reacted automatically to each event; it was easier than admitting to the horror that was facing me.

Well I'm facing it now; I am facing it with each bite I rip out of the cooling flesh of this mongrel. The sent and intoxication of its blood now flooded my mind, the taste and texture of its meat sent my Rabid self into a frenzy. Moments later little remained of the poor beast. Thankfully the darkness took me.

Although the darkness in my mind that I wished would last forever, gave a little relief to my living nightmare, it did not last for long, the light in my cell that stayed lit 24-7, came back to me. The usual meal that waited for me by the door, to my relief, was not there, my routine had been changed. Scratching and grating noises echoed through the steel door, and without warning the door swung inwards knocking me back. Crawling on hands and knees, Rabid move out into the brightly lit and barren corridor. Quickly Rabid gained my feet and began to run. The corridor wasn't long and quickly it turned right and right again, each door we ran past had been nailed shut, in turn sending us further along to the far end. The sight of a tethered living dog in a brightly lit room repelled me, but enticed Rabid in, I had no choice, we entered.

I heard the door slam shut behind, but Rabid had me back down on my hands and knees tearing at the dog until the agonized squeals of the poor animal abated and I was covered in its still hot blood. Rabid finally sat back against a wall, sated. Now I see for the first time my surroundings, unlike my previous cell, this one was different. Two of the walls incorporated large viewing windows, the other two walls are covered in plain white tiles, except for the sheet steel door, which I'm sure is firmly closed. The ceiling is just plain with a single sterile strip light. The floor is quarry tile red with a singular groove running from wall to wall with a drain hole at its middle. I'm not panicking, but now I see the only item in the room, a long stainless steel table with upturned sides. Now I'm panicked, this is a morgue.

"Oh shit, they're going to cut me up!"

To my surprise the door flew open and several armored men stormed in, surrounding me, and sticking me with cattle prods. The pain was excruciating, my body spasmed uncontrollably as they attacked. Eventually they stopped. I lay unmoving at their feet. Within moments they had me up on the morgue table, and strapped down tightly. At first I screamed in anger, then in panic, and finally I screamed in pain, but now I just lay quietly in a dazed stupor. A woman's voice speaks close to my ear, but I'm too weak to even attempt a sneer, even if Rabid would let me, so I just listened.

"Hello, thing, Zee, who or whatever you are. I wonder if you even understand such a simple word as hello. If you are nothing but a Zee, then you can only understand your own primal instincts to Kill, Eat,  and Fuck. Yes you can Fuck my friend, all Zee's know how to do that, I know, I've seen them, it's barbaric" she stepped away "In case you can actually understand a word I'm saying, I suppose I should introduce myself, I'm Rachel Saffern, Rachel to my friends, not that you're a friend, Zee. Now lets begin"she raised a cattle prod.

Thank you for reading. Please don't forget to vote and comment :-)