Chapter 3(Ryan's POV)

I stood in the hall leaning against the wall closest to my class. Part of the protocol was monitoring the hall during passing to make sure everyone was behaving themselves. But for the most part, I was grossed out. All I saw were couples sucking face and girls gossiping and giggling. It was beginning to become annoying already and I had only been standing out here for a few minutes.

I glanced down the hall past all the hormone crazed teens to find something a little more interesting. That girl from my first period, wearing the long sleeved shirt, looked like she was having a fight with who I could only guess was her boyfriend. She raised her arm and he grabbed it roughly, at this, I felt my temperature rise. Before I could intervene, she yanked her hand away from him and pushed him into the direction of my class, into which he took his seat near the front.

This should definitely be interesting. Not that it was my business to interfere with their relationships, but if it was what it looked like, I had no choice but to offer her help. But I had to be careful, this is a difficult situation. The bell rang and I watched as the girl took a few deep breaths, then disappear into her own class, and I decided to do the same. This period was Calculus, and for the most part it was computer based, so the students only needed brief instruction before they were able to sign in and get to work.

After I explained everything, I took my seat and decided to do some observing. I peered over at the kid, and found his name in my seating chart: Samuel Knowles. I watched him a little as he seemed to be flying through the assignment. He definitely didn't seem like the aggressive type. If anything, he looked a little nerdy. Definitely not someone I would picture abusing their girlfriend, but then again, you never know. I turned my attention to my lesson plans, and continued to review them until a shy little brown haired girl, raised her hand for help. After the period was over, everyone shuffled out quickly, and I took to the halls again to monitor.

A tall blonde slender woman with a white and black tight dress approached me. She flashed a gorgeous straight-toothed smile, "Hi, im Amber. I'm the Chemistry teacher here," She offered me her hand to shake, "Your Mr. Roode, right? I've heard so much about you. Your credentials are very impressive."

I smiled politely as I shook her hand, "Thank you."

"I have to ask, why did you decide to teach here? I mean, it's a great school, but high school seems a little downplayed for you."

Who did this woman think she was? Sure, she was gorgeous, but either way, I didn't like the way this conversation was going. I shrugged my shoulders, "Just moved into town, this was the first job that was offered to me."

She seemed to catch on that I was a little bothered by her question and she snapped an award winning smile into place, "I'm sorry, I've been told I can be intrusive. Anyway, the teachers like to go out for drinks and welcome the new people. If you want, we could all go out to this bar in town Friday. Just let me know." With those last words she threw me a wink and sauntered down the hall to her own class.

I shook my head. Even if Amber did annoy me, I couldn't deny that she was the most attractive teacher here. The girl with the long sleeves caught my attention as she walked past me with her head down to enter my class. The final bell rang, and I entered my room, closing the door behind me, as I immediately spotted that girl sitting in the back corner. I sighed internally, and re-read my instructions for Calculus for the second time today.

After my instructions, everyone signed on and started their work while I took attendance according to the seating chart. There she was: Sarah Anderson. My eyes scanned over the class and I found that she had a frustrated expression on her face. It was the perfect opportunity to get to know her a little better.

I got up from my desk and walked around a little before stopping at Sarah's desk. I glanced over her shoulder at her laptop. She was only on the third problem and most kids were on the tenth by now. I watched for a little as she tried to plug in several wrong equations, "Do you need some help, Mrs. Anderson?"

She looked up from the screen and turned a little in her chair to look up at me and her green eyes surprised me, "I just can't figure this out."

I leaned over her a little to take a closer look at the problem she was working on and her scent hit me, I immediately had to back away. I cleared my throat, "Well, for this problem we have to find the limit. If you conjugate it, I think it would be easier. Try changing the sign in the middle of the two terms from plus to minus."

She hesitated for a moment, then picked up her pen and started scratching down the new equaton in her notebook, when she came to another road block, she looked up at me.

I smiled and looked over her work, "Okay, good, now multiply the top and bottom by the conjugate of the top."

That confused expression made its way onto her face, "Huh?"

"Here, like this," I took her pen and wrote down the new equation as it was multiplied by the conjugate, "Then just simplify the top. You know which equation to use for that, right?"

Sarah nodded and continue with her work. I stayed there for a minute to make sure she was on the right track, when I noticed that her sleeve on her right arm was pushed up a little. Her skin on her wrist was dark purple, they were clearly finger marks, and seeing it made me want to pick up that Samuel kid and slam him into a locker.