madness.

wonderland
                                                                                     psychotic, vibrant
                                                                        enticing, maddening, alluring
                                                               insanity, colorful, monotone, lonesome
                                                                    boring, uninteresting, unamusing,
                                                                                gloomy, unappealing,
                                                                                                reality

     And reality is what Alice Liddell was stuck in, unfortunately. For her fragile mind  refused to defy the stale walls of reality, and transport her to the land she belonged in.     

     Instead, she was stuck in this dreary room. Just four thickly padded walls, without any  color. A blank canvas. A canvas that Alice would love to stain with her crimson blood. But she  couldn't.

    She would merely have to wait to do so, when she was back at the palace. ​ Her​ palace.  Her home. Her little slice of Wonderland.

    Wonderland was, in her mind, her birthright. Something she was always destined to be in,  by some act of fate.

    Not that she'd known this her whole life, of course. No, for the first fifteen years of her  life, Alice had been a good little girl. Excelled in school (she was two grades ahead, even). Was  the peak example of what an attentive daughter should be like. Never talked back, never strayed  from the path her late parents had set for her.

    She'd been her aunt Imogene's pride and joy. Imogene couldn't have children of her  own; and even though she'd lost her sister, destiny seemed to have thrown a bone her way, by  letting her be Alice's guardian. Things were perfectly fine with just the two of them, and that's  the way she'd been content to leave it.

    Until​ he came along. A tall, skyscraper of a man. Always towering over Alice, always  just one step ahead of her. Curly locks of ginger adorning his sharp face. Bright, golden eyes. He  was a strange­-looking man, yes, but Alice was enamored by him.   

    If you were to ask Alice how they'd met, she wouldn't be able to tell you the truth.  Because she, herself, didn't know it. She didn't know ​anything ​ , not really, not anymore. Her  perception of memories had been altered drastically since her outings in Wonderland ­­   barely  remembered the difference between ​ up ​  and   ​down.

    What she ​ did  ​ remember, though, is how he brought her to life. He, the one that the  doctors insisted on calling her "manipulator," was the one to shock her into becoming the person  she was ​meant​ to be. The ​savior​. The one that would break Wonderland free from the clutches of  the Red Queen and, by default, assume her rightful position as the Queen of Wonderland.    And as she finally closed her eyes (more due to the heavy sedatives they insisted on  keeping her subdued with), Alice fell through the rabbit hole once more.

                                                                                          *