27- Missions

Greetings Josephine,
My apologies for how things happened yesterday. I understand your hesitation to come back to work for me but I would hate to lose my best assistant over something so ridiculous. If you don't return to work for me, I understand, I just hope that you will reconsider.

As far as what happened goes, I want you to know that it won't happen again if you decide to return. I would also appreciate your discretion on the matter very much as it could be misinterpreted and may reflect negatively on me and my reputation. I'm sure that you understand.

Regards,
Dr. Sebastian King

I roll my eyes at the email and shut my laptop without responding. How do I even respond to something like that without going on some long rant about how disgusting he is? I can't.

As for the last part about discretion, I haven't decided if I'm going to tell anybody or not. I don't think that he deserves my secrecy on the matter but I don't have any way to prove that it really happened so if I made a complaint and he denied it, I'd look like the crazy one. On the other hand, people should know that he's trying to take advantage of young students who are desperate to get noticed in the art world. I can't just sit and do nothing but I'm not incredibly sure about what I can do.

I think about it all the way through my shower and getting dressed and as I'm making coffee and Jasper exits the bathroom from taking his shower, he gives me a weird look.

"What's with the face?" He wonders.

I shrug and pour him a cup of coffee into a to-go cup as well. "Thinking about yesterday. Sebastian. He emailed me this morning."

Jasper immediately scowls. After I told Scott what had happened and we laid in my room for a while as he made me feel a billion times better, I went downstairs and told Jasper everything as well, so he knows what happened. "What did he want? What more could he possibly want from you?"

"He asked me to come work for him again and he also asked me to not tell anybody because of his reputation and everything," I explain the general idea of the short email.

He's quiet for a minute before asking, "So what are you going to do?"

"I'm definitely not going back to work for him," I assure Jasper. "But I don't know about the secrecy part. It's not like I have anyway to prove it so nobody would believe me."

"What about his past students?" He wondered and when I gave him a quizzing look, he continued. "I'm sure he's tried this before and it's probably worked. So try to find any of his past students that were female and that worked for him as his personal assistant or a TA."

"The TA," I mutter, thinking about Tara and how unbelievably gorgeous she is. I'm not immediately assuming that she only has the job because of her beauty because girls can both be beautiful and talented but I also remember that day that I walked into the office and she was presenting a cleavage show for me when she thought that I was Sebastian. "She probably won't turn on him though, since he's probably putting her in the winter expo or something."

"Well, then dig deeper. People that have already graduated and stuff like that," He suggests. "If you really want to take him down, you can. I mean, what he's doing, pressuring girls into stuff like that, it's really gross. He shouldn't be allowed to keep doing that and you can stop him because you're so incredibly awesome and stubborn."

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I wonder jokingly as I sip my coffee and grab my school and camera bags so that we can leave for school on this beautiful Tuesday morning.